Finally a surgery date....anyone else had to wait this long?

Definitely a bright light.
I can't even feel guilty about saying how great I feel with new hips because lord knows I did what I had to with bad ones for too too long.
Amazing part, after the initial days, is that recovery pain...though not a walk in the park, was so much easier than the pain before.
Hang in there...

Oh my goodness! You're right, you should not feel guilty at all! Good for you.....I can't wait until I can report my positive results. Recovery pain, in my opinion, is a good pain. It means you are healing and on your way to NO PAIN! Thank you.
 
I saw my original surgeon on 1/30/18. My original dates were 8/1/18 for THR and 10/3/18 for TKR.

I say original because my surgeon, who needed a rotator cuff repair anyway, slipped on ice in February and that expedited his surgery. I had the choice of waiting for him (glad I didn’t...they said he’d be back in July doing surgery & it’s now next year) or switching surgeons. That is what I did and my dates are 7/2/18 THR and 8/27/18 TKR.

Wow....sounds like you made the right decision. I guess I shouldn't complain about waiting. I too am having a THR and six weeks later a TKR. Healthy, healing thoughts to you.
 
When my OS told me it was time for THR when I was ready, he said the wait would normally be about 6 weeks.
Well, I wasn't ready then and when I went back in April to say I was ready and assuming I would get a surgery date 6 weeks later was told he was retiring from surgery and was already all booked up. I did have a choice of a new OS but having gotten a recommendation from my boss and doing research on his reputation, decided to go with an OS who, because he has an excellent reputation, is booked up months in advance. The initial consult was 2 months later, really felt comfortable with him and how he answered my questions but he was booked out 3 months in advance. He gave me the option of going with someone else in the practice but I didn't want to start all over again. I had to wait another 3 weeks for my primary doctor to clear me for surgery because she was on vacation and the doc who took over for her would not clear me - so my surgery date was 4 months out from the initial consult in June - surgery is scheduled for October 23rd.

I'm spending the time getting prepared and getting everything in order. Finding this website and reading about all the different recoveries is helpful so I can be prepared for my journey.

Thank you for sharing your story with me. Being new to the forum, I am impressed with the kindness and abundance of information that is shared. Good luck to you. Hopefully, it is worth the wait for all of us if it means being pain free and getting our lives back.
 
its hard to wait,i cant have hip revision surgery till december because im on blood thinners no pain meds dr said the only thing i can do is go on short term disability till then not much of a choice
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom