Guest viewing is limited

TKR Fell on operated knee

Lizziefin, that sent shivers down my spine! I’m a couple of weeks behind you with bilateral. I also was strong and fit prior to the ops. I still have stiffness and a degree of pain with anything to do with a deep bend and stairs, but excellent ROM. So your post was a comfort to me.
I very nearly tripped over a couple of weeks back, luckily my husbands arm was within reach, it still makes me shudder to think what might have happened. I bruised his arm! So I have every sympathy with you, and hope that you get over it soon.
 
Thank you. I must admit it has knocked my confidence not to mention the tissue around my knee is so squashy and tender. Hopefully it won't set me back too much. Yes like you the right band feeling is awful. Don't feel any improvement from prob 2 months ago
 
Yes like you the right band feeling is awful.
 
That squashy feeling sounds grotesque, you poor thing.
Ditto not making any progress for a couple of months. All I seem to be able to do now over what I could do then is stay on my feet for a lot longer. As soon as I start to do any real strength training, or walk as fast as possible, my knees start whinging. As Jockette says, they are drama queens.
 
Ghostpipe they certainly are! I am thinking that the mistake I made early on in recovery was over exercising that's prob why my knee is so tight. Someone on here mentioned cold laser therapy. Might give that a go when my bruising fades.
 
Yes, overdoing it early on can set you back, but not permanently. Just keep icing and elevating. The tightness will eventually dissipate.
 
Hi I'm the same as you 6 weeks post op. I had a patella femoral replacement. My pain much better but my main issue is tightness/stiffness around knee. I have full rom can do my cross trainer for 30 mins. Stairs ok going up though slow. Coming down not so good
Hi, I’m very interested to read about your op - I had the same one last week. I was wondering how long things are going to take to return to normal. When did you get back to full rom? I am nowhere near yet and I don’t know whether I should be resting or exercising for the most part. I do my physio 3x a day and am walking around the house on crutches but no other exercise as yet. When did you start using your cross trainer? Thanks x
 
Hi Mrs JW I prob got full ROM back at about 3months. I would advise caution doing gym like exercises too soon because I think I overdue it early on and as a result now have excessive tightness around my knee. Good luck with your recovery
 
I started on the cross trainer at around 8 weeks
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom