TKR feeling drained before surgery

Jo Wo

senior
Country
United States United States
has this happened to anyone else? I am able to do less every week, and I am trying to get my house in order before my 6/23 surgery. I am able to walk less week by week, and my good knee is now adding to the pain. I have about 3 weeks before I need to go off nsaids so I want to have everything done by then.

I do my prehab exercises in the morning, rest for a bit, do some light housekeeping before lunch, rest a bit more, go outside to water my plants, then rest till it's time to cook.

cant tell if its activity or stress sapping my energy. is this normal?

My knee was getting worse just before my surgery, and I was able to do less and less as the date got closer.
Stress, activity, and progression of arthritis in your knee all sap your energy. Do what you can it will be enough.

It's probably a bit of both, mentally your brain is in overdrive trying to get everything in order and physically your knee pain is hindering your movements making every task more difficult to achieve, I think most of us felt this way prior to our surgeries, if you can try not to worry so much and as pumpkln said it will be enough xx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks