Guest viewing is limited

TKR DLR recovery #2

Lovely picture,nice to “meet” you!

My husband was awesome in my recovery, also!
 
5 weeks tomorrow feeling good. I saw the chiropractor this morning and he is working on my nerve pain down the leg. He feels the culprit is the recliner chair and having to sleep there. Good news I have been sleeping in my bed most nights for the past 6 days! Physio was so pleased with my progress she only gave me stretches for my back. Overall life is good, I am learning to pace myself and try to be realistic with my expectations. Flexion is good and becoming comfortable for example I can sit at the kitchen counter on the stool and put my feet on the chair rung (over 90degree bend). Little triumphs!! Celebrating:cheers:
 
@DLR , so glad to hear of your progress. The picture of you and your hubby is so cute; he just looks like a real keeper with that lovely smile. This surgery surely lets us know - if we are fortunate - of the love of our partners.
Sorry I haven’t posted for awhile...I was just waiting and hoping for better movement like all of us. I am on a cane now, but still not too confident.
My pain, stiffness, nerve tingles, aches are so variable from day to day, I hardly trust myself to post an update, as I am quite sure I will need to retract it the next day☹️.
But all in all, I would say I am a little behind your recovery but remaining hopeful the days when I feel I am gaining more functionality will become more numerous.
By the way, I am wondering if my night time pain issues might also be related to sleeping in my recliner, as I am still doing that. Maybe, like you, I should try to get comfy in my bed upstairs.
Thanks for keeping us updated in your recovery. Your optimistic attitude is very good for my naturally pessimistic self to read. I am sure it helps all of us! —Kathy


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Kathy0427 so good to hear from you. Yes this is a hard journey with lots of ups and downs. I would say today I have more discomfort than yesterday it feels like a vice around the thigh and then struggle too with being pessimistic. Yes my husband is a keeper and fortunately patient with me and we can laugh together which helps these days. I found trying the bed a process, at first I would only last a few hours then move back to the recliner but at least for a few hours it would be a change. I keep pillows on my bed and other ones on the recliner so it’s just me that I have to move. That said I have now managed 3 nights in a row in bed, sleeping on my back...toss, my side ...toss my other side..toss my back..repeat..lol at least I get exercise through the night too. Keep checking in with me I think of you often... Diane
 
Little delights... getting down into the bathtub and back out on my own...lovely hot soak:loveshwr:
Hubby stood guard to make sure I didn’t slip slide and away
 
Wow! Getting into and out of the tub and this short time out is remarkable! Good job!
 
Wow so special to join the ODIC by sitting too long. Decided to go with my husband to pickup our daughters from the airport, the car has not been great but over the past few days sitting was more comfortable. It ended up an over 3 hour sit, with a very brief stand and shiver at the side of the car in the middle...yes it was cold at 1am this morning. Anyways when I got home I could hardly walk, not the knee but the thigh half way down lateral side. So back to using a cane inside the house to rest that thigh. Who knew sitting would be my downfall:banghead:
 
Thank you @Jockette . This seems to be hard for outsiders to understand..”but you are just sitting”..last night was my own foolishness and a desire to see my kids..aw well rest, ice elevate
 
Sometimes we have to do what we want and then deal with the result. Life happens and we can’t always “give our knee the best circumstance”

I guess we play it by ear and decide what’s worth paying what price. I’d have gone to see my daughters like you did.

Be very nice to your knee now until it settles down. For quite a while if I did something on the “more active” side, I’d rest the next day.

As you know, I started bowling (carefully) at 12 weeks. On those bowling days I did very little else in the way of activity until months later. I still don’t push much activity on a bowling day, maybe a stop at Walmart on the way home, since I’m already out.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: DLR
@beachy thanks, I am feeling much better by now, lots of rest, ice and elevation. How are you doing? The countdown is on..
 
Glad you’re feeling better and it sounds like you know how to fix joining the ODIC!
I’m hanging in there. Joint class at hospital tomorrow then off to the beach for a week. What countdown? LOL
 
  • Funny
Reactions: DLR
Enjoy the beach...and joint class lol. If I remember correctly I think you have an appointment Oct 11 but maybe you forgot that..:heehee:
 
DLR looking forward to getting back to bedroom. My flopping around puts my leg in uncomfortable positions and wakes me up so looking forward to point where can toss this new leg around without waking me up
 
Oh that! Something’s happening on October 11. Let me check my calendar....nope nothing.:loll:

Joint class geez. I’m prepared for a lot of blah blah blah. It will be interesting. I have to have blood type and screened at the hospital so ...2 birds 1 stone.
Looks like rainy week at the beach. I don’t care.
 
@Softtail yes good sleep in bed is wonderful. I am finely back, even last night after overdoing it and being very sore I was able to fall asleep. Hopefully soon for you too
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom