Guest viewing is limited

THR Day 11 post op

My doc was also adamant that the scar had to be completely healed before immersion. I would be reluctant to seim
In a lake or the ocean since so many beaches have polluted water. Here is Minneapolis the lakes are often polluted with ecoli and various algae blooms.

I swam in a pool a little short of three months and I did enjoy the weightlessness of the water!!!
 
Happy One Month Anniversary!
Every time I see your screen name that song Duke of Earl starts going through my head, which I’m sure many of us of a certain age recall. Ear worm of the day! :heehee:
I hope you’re having a good week and have an enjoyable weekend.
Take care and stay in touch. :)
@duke51690
 
Well, I was doing great at 3.5 weeks then got covid! Pushed through that & yesterday I fainted while on a 3 mile walk 2 miles in. BP 80/50 ride to hospital in ambulance to ED & they discovered a blood clot in my left lung!
On Eliquis now and paranoid to to much.
 
oh my stars... @duke51690 :flabber:
I copied your post and added it here to your recovery story.
That is super scary...
Are you home?
I'm glad they have you on the blood thinner and I hope you are taking it easy.
 
Hi, I did swim at seven weeks, well moved about in the water really and have been continuing with this. I mainly swim in the sea. However, my OS and the clinic nurse both checked the wounds when I asked about swimming so I imagine with different healing times for everyone it would be wiser to be cautious anyway. I am still avoiding any strong legwork in the water too.

A swim was planned for yesterday evening but jellyfish put us off:scaredycat: - I hope you get back to the water soon , for me it is great therapy.
 
I only saw your posts about your lung now - so sorry (they seemed to be hidden for me)
Really hope your are ok.
 
Covid, then a blood clot?!! Whoa...I'm just catching up here and so sorry to read this. I certainly hope you're feeling better as you just passed your two month anniversary. Please leave an update when you have time, we'd like to know how you're doing. Hope to hear from you soon.
@duke51690
 
Hi duke,
I hope you're doing okay on this three month anniversary of your THR.
I'd like to wish you a Happy Anniversary and hope it is happy with things much better than they were last time you posted. Take Care!
@duke51690
 
It sounds to me like you are doing too much my friend. This is not a race, and you have to give your hip and bone, soft tissues time to heal. The swelling or any pain is usually a reaction to something you are doing, and this to me is a sign of your body probably telling you to relax and take some down time. 1 miles at 11 days is A LOT and you really don’t want to overdo it. All this you will do in time, just be kind to your body as it recovers ❤️

It’s been a while since your last update, how are you doing now?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom