Guest viewing is limited

TKR Cbet’s TKR Questions

Oh no. I'm so sorry you had a fall. We all fear that. If I were you I'd not go back to PT until next week. Your knee needs to recover from the fall before trying to do exercises. I think if you just walk around and gently move your knee, you should do fine. Don't forget to ice and elevate.
 
:yay: Yay for you! Funny how excited we get about the simple things after joint replacement. Certainly brings out appreciation and gratitude. I'm happy for you!
@Cbet
 
Hello Cbet, :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
How are you doing on this special day? We haven't heard from you in awhile, but would love to when you have the time.
Hopefully all is well and you're looking forward to the holidays. Happy Three Month Anniversary, Righty!
A very Merry Christmas to you also! :carols:
@Cbet
 
Hi Layla, thank you for reaching out .... things are going well, I saw my OS on Monday and don't need to see him until end of July (yippee). I am still working on my ROM but not stressing about it currently LK is 113 RK is 105 ... taking the advice of the bone smarties that time and healing will bring it back. Currently, I am doing everything that I was doing prior to surgery and love that I can go for long walks with my hubby and dog to get fresh air (before my surgeries I wasn't able to go with them) I started to comfortably go downstairs alternating legs but still hold on to the railing. Looking forward to a great Christmas break with my family even though there is a storm moving in tonight for the next couple of days. Once everyone gets home tonight I think we will hibernate until Saturday when we need to venture out to church. Wishing you and all of the bone smarties a very Blessed Christmas and Happy healthy new year.
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon::christmas-carols-smiley-emoticon:baby-jesus
 
Merry Christmas Everyone, I have a quick question .... I received a infrared sauna blanket for Christmas but I am not sure if I can actually use it with my two new knees ..... does anyone know if it is okay or if the implant would heat up too much ..... any responses would be greatly appreciate.

:banana-santa:
 
I have no experience with an infrared blanket, but I wouldn't think it would hurt your implants. You can always try it and see if it hurts. You could also google some reviews of the blanket. It sounds like a good idea for great relaxation.
 
Last night while sleeping I had my knees out straight lying on my back and all of a sudden my right knee had a pop and instant extreme pain ..... it became less painful but still has pain now. I can walk on it but it is tender and painful. It was weird because I wasn't moving it at the time so there is no explanation as to why it popped or even what May have popped in there. Anyone else ever experience this, I know I have probably been over doing it lately but it was very odd to be woken up by this.
 
I know I have probably been over doing it lately but it was very odd to be woken up by this.
It's very possible you moved a certain way in your sleep that caused this pain. It could have been a muscle or tendon that moved over the implant and popped or something similar. Since you're getting better I don't think it's anything to worry about.
 
I received a infrared sauna blanket for Christmas but I am not sure if I can actually use it with my two new knees
So, I emailed my OS and he said he doesn't see a problem with it. So, I will give it a try and let you all know. The benefits listed sound great
  • Calm your mind
  • Relieve aches & pains
  • Burn calories
  • Reduce inflammation
  • Get your sweat detox going
 
I'm interested, too! This would be a lot more convenient and cost less than going to the Y!
 
Hi Cbet,
Happy Four Month Anniversary! I hope 2023 is off to a good start for you.
Wondering if you've been using the infrared sauna blanket and if so, what are your thoughts?
I am as curious as some of the others, given the benefits it may bring. Please let us know if it's helping you in any way. Also, how are doing since you last posted?
Have a great week and hope to hear from you soon!
@Cbet
 
Back
Top Bottom