Guest viewing is limited

THR Broke on through to the recovery side

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BigDave wow that hew hip looks great! Good luck with recovery. It's quite interesting to say the least. You will a lot about yourself in the next few weeks. Remember to follow the good advice here and keep us all posted.
 
A quick update and a couple questions. I'm now 10 days post- op and the recovery seems to be going well. I've been walking down to the neighborhood park or deli with just a little help from the cane. I'm still a little sore, but I'm managing with a couple Motrin a couple times/day.

My biggest complaint is the sleeping arrangements. I'm supposed to sleep with those inflatable cuffs and the foam wedge between my legs. I can't get comfortable. Any suggestions?
 
@BigDave, I see no reason that 10 days post op and doing plenty of moving around during the day that you can't lose those inflatable cuffs and just use a pillow between your legs. The pillow is just to insure that you don't allow your operated leg to cross the center line.

However, sleeping may still be something of a problem: Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Hi @BigDave I agree with bottomshollow however I'm not your Dr either.

I only needed those cuffs on until I could get up and move. Maybe you could ask your Dr why you still need them
To see if you can do away with them?

Otherwise I'm not much help

Fantastic that you are walking around with only a cane...well done
 
@BigDave....you are doing well!! So pleased for you ....hope you get the sleeping sorted....that's what you need the most. Take care. Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
So, I'm two weeks out today and things are still going pretty well. The sleeping arrangements aren't perfect, but I'm definitely getting caught up on XBOX and old movies (Steve Martin's Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid is still classic). I'm up to about 1.5 miles on my morning walk and I've been going to the office half-days this week, so I'm pleased with the progress.

I go in to the OS on Friday to have he staples pulled. I've had that waterproof, Silverlon bandage, so I'm anxious to get a look at my new scar.

Does anyone have a recommendation for using a stationary bike? The PT suggested that it might be a good way to get some cardio, if I could observe my hip precautions.

Thanks!
 
A quick update - I'm now 5 weeks post-op, doing PT 3 times/week and home exercise on the off days (mostly just nice long walks and stationary bike). I did, however, get back in the pool today for a swim. I'm darn sure not in race shape, but I managed moderate freestyle/butterfly sets for about 45 minutes. No flip turns, no jammers, but it felt really, really great to be back in the water.

If there are any swimmers out there, I'd love to hear about any workouts that you used following THR, when you started flip turns, etc. Thanks!
 
Wow what a great recovery! Hoping someone has swim work out ideas ... although sounds like you are good!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom