Guest viewing is limited

TKR BoneSmart Works!

@mendogal don't you just love those kind of Ah ha moments! I remember the first time that happened with my hip, it was like wooh, what to the heck did I just do? And then I got a big smile on my face!
 
@mendogal don't you just love those kind of Ah ha moments! I remember the first time that happened with my hip, it was like wooh, what to the heck did I just do? And then I got a big smile on my face!
We'll be oohing and aahing over you soon enough!!!!
 
Midway between my two TKAs today I had my 2 year anniversary visit with my surgeon.
X-rays are lovely. Knees are fully functional.
He agrees there's nothing to be done about the aching and the occasional painless snapping of scar tissue at the R leg lower lateral quads. He suspects some of the aching pain with prolonged flexion (sitting) might be ITB so I will try some foam roller on it.
I was curious about the strength training affecting the implants over time. Currently my weekly regimen is leg press 220 - 235#, quad extend 120#, hamstring curl 100# . He does indeed want me to cut back due to the possibility of hastening wear and tear. So I will!!!!
 
A belated Happy Ten Month Anniversary, Righty! Wonderful update. Happy for you that you're doing so well overall. No unnecessary wear and tear now, one recovery for each is enough. :wink:
A great rest of the week to you! :)
@mendogal
 
just spinal and fentanyl, so waking up and going home was much easier.
I am incredibly impressed with this site and look forward to participating
wOw so does this mean you were awake/aware during the surgery?

no sedative at all?
 
wOw, I wish I'd started reading this a long time ago....
going thru your thread (I'm only at day 28 post op) I feel like all the nagging questions in my head are being answered

your detailed descriptions are wonderful. Just the fact that you were feeling well enough to post as you're going thru those first few days and weeks gives me a lot of hope

of course you are and were a lot more physically fit than I am but the time line gives me an idea of what I may need to do and prepare for

very well written! thanks for sharing in such detail

I think I'll actually hold off on reading too much more, as I may get discouraged about the length of recovery-
I'll save that for when I'm actually going thru it.

It takes a lot of courage for anyone to go thru this, esp when virtually everyone tells you how "brutal" recovery is
but to go thru it twice, I have to assume it's worth it most of the time

I pray my results are as good as yours
 
@meecies just pointing out that my first post was when I was over 2 weeks post op. Surgery June 14. First post July 1.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom