Blood Clots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dale-
I am glad your OK. I just learned this lesson myself yesterday. I'm a hippy but that isn't relevant. Monday I was 14 weeks since my THR and went to my OS to get s slip for my employer clearing me to return to work. I had no restrictions at 6 weeks, home PT and outside PT completed. It was just a matter of physically able to handle work again. I mentioned that my leg near my knee was tender for the last couple of days so we made an appointment for Wednesday to have it looked at. Wednesday my OS took x-rays and warm to the touch, he seemed concerned to send me across to a vascular surgeon to have it ultra sound. Showed blockage in the superficial veins on the operated side. Trip across the parking lot to the emergency room where they showed me how to administer self-injections of Lovenox another Coumadin Rx and one for an antibiotic. I thought at 14 weeks I was in the clear. (Three steps forward two steps back wards). It does make you nervous.
-Gary

Gary,
Sorry to hear you had that happen and yes I would think at 14 weeks there would be nothing to worry about!!
Good thing you mentioned it to your doc and he took action!!!

Judy

Wow... I had no idea it could be a problem so long post-op. I am so glad you are ok too. Take very good care!

Boy, it's starting to look like us recovering hippies and kneebies need to REALLY watch our bods. Glad both of you are okay!!!!

WOW! Gary, glad you are ok. Like the others I would not have thought that
could have happened so far out from your surgery. Best wishes to you.
Take care.

Gary,
Sorry to hear you had that happen and yes I would think at 14 weeks there would be nothing to worry about!!
Good thing you mentioned it to your doc and he took action!!!

Judy

I really have a healthy respect for my Doc. He told me yesterday that if the ultra sound turned negative he wanted a MRI. The down side was that if it was positive I would be in the vascular guys care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Becky56
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom