TKR Bismitmom knee recovery

I got to drive today!! I've been off of the narcotics for a week now, so I go in the car to see how it felt. A little tight still on the bend, but I'm able to work the pedals just fine! First trip on my own was to the chiropractor to get adjusted. This was my third trip there, and it has helped immensely with my being able to work that leg. My bulging disk issues were really giving me fits by keeping me awake, but giving me a bad case of sciatica on the mornings I actually managed to sleep a little. Hopefully this weekend will be restful. I head back to work next Tuesday on my four week mark from my surgery, but only for half days. I'm hoping I can handle it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 
Thanks @beachy! I've been following your progress closely, I love your daily posts!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 
@beachy, maybe not, but you are certainly very entertaining!
@sistersinhim, I know, right?? I feel so much freer!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 
So good to have some independence. When I could finally drive after 2.5 months I’d get in the car just to drive to a drive through restaurant!
 
First day back to work today! Only part time though. Four weeks out from surgery, but felt the need to go back. I'm a dog groomer, so I had to make sure I had someone bathing the dogs for me and all I did was the drying and trimming. I probably took on too many today, but I felt great (exhausted, but great!) afterwards! Came home and elevated and iced and fell asleep for two hours. Man that felt good! Today is also the first day without the Ted hose, but I still have two more weeks on regular aspirin twice a day as a blood thinner.

As for pain, I went 10 hours today before I remembered to take my 1000mgs of Tylenol and one tramadol, so it's getting better. Also, managed to stretch that knee as I was working and that feels tons better now too.

I was so tired I was a little shaky, but I feel like going to work will help me out with getting better and where I want to be a little faster. I'm still listening to the knee! Otherwise I wouldn't have come straight home and crawled into my nest!

I'm just so excited that work went great today. I miss being social since I live by myself. I'm hoping tomorrow goes just as well!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 
Wow! I could not have returned to work at 4 weeks post op. I’m glad you’re listening to our knee and resting in the afternoon.
 
Wow!
That’s a strenuous job. I groomed for about 2 years after I left my retail career. I started working in the office. They were slammed one day and the owner showed me how to do a shave down #7 blade, no pattern. I was hooked. I apprenticed under the owner. I loved it, but far too hard on my back and knees. And we had bathers who also dried. I understand the need for speed in grooming. I was slow. LOL. The younger groomers ran circles around me. It was a high volume shop.

My own fur baby looks a mess right now. I’m hoping to stand long enough to give her a quick trim next week. Maybe I can ship her to you :heehee:

Are you able to groom sitting on a stool?
So, kudos to you for starting back.
I hope it hasn’t upset your knee too much.
 
@beachy, ship her on over! Haha! I do sit most of the time anyway, and the girls are helping me out bathing so I don't have to stand for that.

It is a strenuous job, but I love it and have been at it for 30 years. Don't know what else to do at this point!

Hope you are having a good day today!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 
30 yrs! That’s a long time! You must be very good and zip right through your appointments.

How do feel today after working yesterday?

The shop where I worked was 1/2 block from my house. I took my papillons...all 4 of them...there for nail trims, became friendly with the owner. She asked me if I wanted to help out in the office and the rest is history.
 
@beachy, I felt pretty good yesterday after working, just tired. Kind of the same today, but I'm only grooming three a day, which is about 1/3 of what I usually do. So yes, I get through them fairly quickly!

When you have 4 dogs you learn to groom out of self defense for your pocketbook! Was it fun for you to groom? I always wanted an animal job, but didn't want the schooling to be a veterinarian.

I had two schnauzers and learned to groom them myself, got a job at my vet's to learn to do other things. After three years there I worked for a friend of mine that taught me to do it right, and the rest is history! After owning and selling two different shops, I know work for a client that opened a doggie daycare/boarding facility and I manage the grooming department. MUCH better! Plus benefits, so yay, I have a real job now! Ha!


Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 
I’m happy that you’re ok today. Even 3 dogs can be a lot this early.

Actually, my pups were low maintenance. Single coat so very little if any matting. Bathe, brush, scissor trim a bit, sani, nails. I did that myself before learning to groom.

Yes, it was fun until it got to be so painful. I love dogs. Never intended to work with them. It just happened

I loved grooming the medium to small schnauzers! What size do you have? It was quick, easy pattern, a money making groom. And a very distinctive look. Those eyebrows!

I have so many pairs of good shears that I want to sell or donate. They all need sharpening. Chris Christenson.

Sounds like you have a great gig now! With benefits. Awesome.
 
I have had mostly miniature schnauzers, but actually had a giant once. She was one of the coolest dogs I've ever owned! They are so distinctive looking, one of my favorite grooms if they behave!

Scissors! I'm a scissors junkie! Maybe let me know if you ever decide to sell them? I'm always looking for good ones to add to the collection!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 
P.S. all three dogs I groomed yesterday were mini schnauzers!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom