PKR bilateral patellofemoral knee replacement 12/06/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you doing ok but do remember to go slow. Don't over due it. Elevation is also needed to keep swellling down. Keep us informed, we like success stories.. :ereindeer: Tashia
 
Josephine:
That was supposed to be pain pill. My surgery was one week ago today. This web site is wonderful and has been extremely helpful and encouraging. I have had basically a pain - free recovery. Today I saw PT for third time. I have been doing the exercises I was told to do. I changed from walker to 4 pronged cane today and spent about 3 minutes on recumbent bike.
My ROM was 115 on left leg and 116 on right leg. I use the ice machine approx. 8 hours per day and the cpm machine approx. 10 hours per day.
 
I am so happy for you, this has been a marvelous recovery.
 
Just wanted to update - will be 2 weeks since my surgery. I am doing very well. I went to doctor on Tuesday 17th and had stitches removed, walked with assistance of my walking stick, was told I was 2-3 weeks ahead of where I should be after surgery. On Wednesday saw therapist who signed me off. My ROM was 120 on left leg and 121 on right leg. I saw her only 4 times. I think I must be very lucky after reading some of the problems others have experienced.

Some things that have made my recovery easier was
1. the ice machine which velcro around your leg and I used almost continuously from the time of my surgery.
2. The continuous passive motion machine (approx. 6 hours per day each leg). These were prescribed by surgeon for 3 weeks.
3. Another thing I found very useful is the "leg lifter" which looks like a dog's leash. Mine is made by Smith-Nephew in the U.K.

Tonight my daughter took me shopping for awhile and then brought me home to my machines.

Good luck to everybody.
Sarah
 
[Bonesmart.org] bilateral patellofemoral knee replacement 12/06/13
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] bilateral patellofemoral knee replacement 12/06/13
bottomshollow
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom