AVN Post Surgery Update - HOPE

ws01418

Country
United States United States
Hello All! I wanted to give an update to the post down below from several months ago (under the dotted line) as I had my right THR this morning at 8AM! I chose to forgo general anesthesia for the spinal tap route + propopol light sedation. BEST decision I have ever made. My PACU recovery was less than half an hour and I was up and walking within 2 hours.

PT and OT cleared me to leave after lunch and sent me on my way with a cane in case I need it. The surgeon informed my family that I had one of the most severely deteriorated femoral heads he had ever seen and the cartilage was essentially fragmented. I am happy to say that I am now 13 hours post opp and I haven’t touched a Percocet yet. I am in ZERO pain. There is HOPE for those of you who are nervous and in pain right now. It does GET better!

I have to admit that I have been lurking in the shadows reading these threads for the last several months leading up to the decision to replacement my right hip, and you all have made my decision clear. I am undergoing THR on May 9th.

For profiling purposes, I am a 25 year old male who was diagnosed with AVN a little over a year ago. Initially my ortho surgeon referred me for injections to relieve pain before the inevitable decision for THR was made. At this point I am stage 4-5 depending on which doctor you ask.

My ask is for advice and tips.

Being close to 3 months out, mobility is difficult and my prescription of Celebrex 200MG has done little to help. I am no longer eligible for cortisone as I am within the 90 day window. For those of you who have been where I am, do you have any best practices for day to day mobility.

Thanks!

Well done young man! :yes!: nice and easy moving through healing. Listen to your body no matter what. You have the advantage of younger body to heal quickly. I would say just keep tuned into your body, don't push when it says " no, I can't " or "That's too much". I bet you got a big smile that won't quit, I know cause I did my first go around.:)

I'd really like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
kneequery
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom