PKR Anyone suffer from this

ramone1961

Country
Canada Canada
Hi, 59 yr old male waiting for partial Knee replacement, left knee, left side.
Been waiting for about a year now, with great pain in my knee, got to love our Canadian health system.
So about a month ago my left side lower back went out, very painful. I have had 8 physio visits, 7 Chiro visits and 8 massages. I have had x rays done, and an MRI, and not much is coming up on any of these. The pain has not got at all better in a month. It radiates from my lower back to my hip, hip x ray is good. Debilitating at times. And im just wondering if the painful knee for so long, the bone on bone. Has affected my gait big time. And wonder if and how much it might have to do with my lower back and hip pain.
Thanks to you all for being here, and thanks in advance for any of your help
Cheers

My guess is that they are related, and your gait is affected. It is a guess, though, even if based on a lot of reading on here and elsewhere so treat with caution!

Chiro/osteopath is to physio is as roadside breakdown assistance is to garage preventative maintenance. Each one should have a view on what's wrong and maybe should be able to advise something, I would hope.

The PKR should help and the physio should then be able to help to correct your gait.

Sorry I can't be more help. Hope you get the KR soon.

Hi, 59 yr old male waiting for partial Knee replacement, left knee, left side.
Been waiting for about a year now, with great pain in my knee, got to love our Canadian health system.
So about a month ago my left side lower back went out, very painful. I have had 8 physio visits, 7 Chiro visits and 8 massages. I have had x rays done, and an MRI, and not much is coming up on any of these. The pain has not got at all better in a month. It radiates from my lower back to my hip, hip x ray is good. Debilitating at times. And im just wondering if the painful knee for so long, the bone on bone. Has affected my gait big time. And wonder if and how much it might have to do with my lower back and hip pain.
Thanks to you all for being here, and thanks in advance for any of your help
Cheers

why do they have you waiting so long for your surgery? because of COVID? I'm in Canada too and had to wait a bit for my first consultation, but once I met with the surgeon he was able to schedule me for my PKR within a month. and this is at a busy teaching hospital in Toronto. do you have a surgery date?

No Date yet, had the consult Dec 10 2020. Hoping I get the call soon, Dr said because its Partial he can get me into Day surgery, he said for TKR its a 12 to 15 month wait here in Calgary.

Sounds like it's your sacroiliac complaining!
Mine did as well, I identified that I was walking unevenly,. Not heeling and toeing on each foot. Try to get them even.
I was convinced that this was the problem by touching the points of each hip as I was walking. I could feel one hip jagging downwards on each step as the tendon was stretched . In my case, it was the opposite hip to my tkr.
So I made sure I walked evenly and smoothly. Heeling and toeing every step. 2 days later, the pain disappeared, never to return

Hi their, I have been waiting for a partial knee also for over a year, just had it done on Friday. I have also had two failed total ankle replacements . So limping was a big part of my life to. 6 months ago I stepped out of the shower, and I was on the ground with pain. x rays showed nothing, Chiro massage did nothing, I paid for my own MRI and they told me I had spinal stenosis . Made sense cause it was pain like I have never felt in my life, ( nerve pain ). Im sure your gait had much to do with it.
Do they realize what this waiting can do to the rest of our body . Our son has had some major operations in the US, Johns Hopkins and I tell ya, if I was healthy all my life I want our Canadian system, but if I had problems like I do these days, I would be happy to pay 5 or 6 hundred dollars a month to have the care when I needed it, not years later, and im not no rich dude.
Its so sad that people need to wait this long.
When this first happened to my back I could not stand up for more than 30 seconds at a time, I was freaking out wondering if I would be in a wheel chair in a few months. It took about 5 months but I feel it did heal, by the grace of God. Hang in there, I hope its just time that your back needs. All the best

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Lizardtails
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom