Guest viewing is limited

THR Annie57 got a new hip

Wow, amazing! I know I wasn't "almost" putting on shoes 5 days post op.
Your post gave me a visual of someone just walking off through grass or fields on a warm sunny day with a WALKER!
Somehow it struck me as funny :heehee: thanks for that @annie57
Happy wandering!
 
Great news for you. My stepsister from New Zealand head given me a sheepskin that I used under my heels. Supposed to be great for all that burning and rubbing. It did great but a little hot ....
Glad you are up and cruising.:tada:
 
Thanks folks!

I didn't say "tying shoes"--no no no. I wish, but am walking without walker (without cane) rutroh but with partner overseeing, making sure am using glutes, core muscles; doing some bridges that I feel help, some quad stretches that I feel help. Am sore today but today is an "off" day. Just some stretches. I feel the fine muscles and little ligaments around the incision site strengthening. Actually, tightening and loosening and other fine muscles not used forever because couldn't and even the biggies, quads, hams, glutes, getting strong because of increased ROM.

HOWEVER, to today is stretch a little and tv-holiday presents for grand nieces and nephews day--they all getting prickly pear paddles for what has now become zone 8--not the cool kind with edible fruits (too wet here)--but the kind that one can, never the less, eat. Since they are all being raised by crossfit and health food nuts. As for me, I love tacos and grilled nopales, however tasty the fruit is in New Mexico etc.

Have a beautiful day!
Wish me well with boredom; did seed inventory for new greenhouse yesterday but have done so long, was over too soon. Shall savor the one am planning today!!

@Layla glad I made you laugh. I read over that and it sounded a tad FIELD OF DREAMS or SOUND OF MUSIC . . . riiiight! Stay sweet hon!

:giggle:--Annie
 
You sound well and well taken care of....happy to hear it @annie57

I used to want a greenhouse. I love them. Living in the frozen tundra of the Upper Mid-West (in the 20's today) I like visiting them sometimes in the winter...on a cold but sunny day. They're warm inside with the sun is filtering in, they're filled with color and LIFE!

I hope you find some engaging things to do to ease your boredom.
Being only one week in you've got some R&R time still ahead so you heal well.
You sound great though.....keep it up!

Wishing you a comfy, cozy peaceful week :loveshwr:
 
Tons of progress @annie57. Isn’t it funny that often in our normal hectic lives we often wish for time to do nothing and when we get it during recovery we don’t like it! Enjoy your time and rest in between those stretches.
 
@Layla—yes! The green in the cold! I’ve been growing under growlights, tiered on 3 shelf units with 4 shelves each—each unit would hold 4 trays or 128 seedlings per shelf. Under T8 lights—that gets tight. Too little space. I grow a LOT of ultrahot peppers, chilis, whatever, and after being started in January, they get TALL—even Reaper crosses. But by the time I start tomato rootstock and heirlooms for grafting, in February, I was claustrophobic and carefully steppin’ down there!

This year am adding perennial flowers and annual flowers and herbs for sale. Grown them for myself but not for others to purchase. So looking forward to having the SPACE!

@Layla and @MammaT Meanwhile, Hallmark movies are beyond dull. But easy if I drift off. Nothing lost in plot! And TCM gets my attention while we rent a lot of movies from Amazon at night. AND . . .

I can walk straight and strong, a few steps, without a walker or cane. Nurse discharged me yesterday. (I can get her back if need her but hope I don’t.) I know, I know, DO I know!: be careful! Am practicing some load bearing with op leg, gets a tad better every tad but I don’t push it.

I want to be able to push the walker outside and around house next week to have lights on house on for Lisa when she gets home from work. They take bandage off on Friday to look at and I hope they stick something back on, not as expensive as this AquaCel, but:

Did you guys notice bandage starting feeling like it was stretching or is that suctures tighting or healing or what?

Again, thank you guys SO much!!—Annie
 
@annie57 you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. If you would like a new thread title just give a shout.
 
I mainly just remember the bandage being obnoxious. The stretching, different feeling could be a combination of everything.
 
@MammaT Bandage is obnoxious. Started to shrink too. Ugh. (Not stink but shrink. If it was stinkin' I'd been long gone to doc.) Guess that's a good thing! Am surely grateful for today's technology that allows us to have colloidal Aquacel--heck for that matter, decent joint replacement surgery! I know some on here are having less than a great recovery so far. My prayers/thoughts are with them. That has not happened to me Y.E.T: "You're Eligible Too." But for the Grace.

I just want the bandage off. I hope they used biodegradable fishing line, instead of sutures that need to be yanked out, tomorrow when they take the bandage off.

Meanwhile just working hip as loadbearing a little per day but mostly being careful, icing, meds and walking with lots of rest.

So peace out y'all! We're supposed to have SNOW and ICE in the morning for my post-op at 8:45. Gone to get chains for my walker!! :snork:
 
Hey Annie. Haven't been around much as I've been busy. So happy to hear you are appreciating life without hip pain and doing so well.
Really happy for you.
 
@annie57 - be careful on the ice! It's interesting seeing how/when everyone else has their post op visits. My OS doesn't have you come in until 1 month. My bandage had to be changed each morning until 2 days in a row with no drainage and, since there never was any drainage, I didn't have to change it at home the first time and only once the second time. Unless he peeked at it when he did the second surgery, my OS (nor any of his staff) has even seen my first scar and no medical professional has so far (knock wood) seen the second since it was initially bandaged!

I love your definition of YET - I'm going to have to steal it!

Keep doing what you're doing and improving every day!
 
Hi Annie,
How fun.....growing flowers in the greenhouse, I'm super jelly!

I remember prickly, tingly sensations around the incision area for awhile. Also numbness in a few areas for months. Nothing super painful or long lasting though.

I like the Y.E.T. acronym. That's a new one for me.

I hope navigating the icy pavement isn't a problem on your way to or from the doc. We have that going on here too. It's scary with the new hip :yikes:
Let us know how your appt went if you feel like sharing.
Wishing you a comfortable relaxing day :flwrysmile:
@annie57
 
Have image of hip but refuse to mess with photobucket or any other today.

They took off Aquacel bandage, took out around 25 staples; I have a screw behind or in ball, big "rebar" in femur, lol.

The we went to get scripts filled, and then, to home health store where got better grip/bottom for single (whatever) cane (as it snowed HARDER) and then to grocery store--my partner walked me back out to car, mid-shop, because all those groceries and walking with me was NOT happening)--and then she drove to house, carried stuff in, while I jumped behind driver's seat to back and put car in 1st. But my car is Subbie Outback so no problems with it in snow. And I walked out in snow "some." And came in recliner and crashed for 3 hrs., which is unlike me. Continued to snow and wow, still snowing which is unlike this area for this time of year so, am inning it today. Too many chances yesterday.

I was wondering why one place up my thigh felt sore or pulled when I lay flat on bed--until I saw that that was where they sawed my uh leg in half. "Oh. Silly me." It will heal. Walking with cane today and gonna go rest now. Hope everyone is having a peaceful and groovy weekend!!
 
Rest and recovery definitely in order. And hot chocolate to ward off the chills! It's so wonderful that you have a caring and supportive partner to help you through this. Let her help and don't go out in the snow unless you have to!
 
Great job, annie. Please don't overdo....you are doing beautifully.
I am so very happy for you.
I'm so glad I didn't dub you "Annie the Cynic"
It's "Annie the Amazing"
It is amazing how this surgery will give you your life back.
Have a great weekend!
 
Getting a bit of snow here today. Got running around done and going to get Christmas purchase sorted and wrapped. Stay warm while you rest and ice that hip.
 
Hi there Annie,
Thought I'd say Hi since you came to mind as I'm getting ready to go to a.......GREENHOUSE!
Super excited, doesn't take much, lol!
I'll relish the warmth coupled with the humidity and smell of dirt..Love! It's one of my happy places.
Needing some spruce tops etc for an outdoor planter at our front door.
I planted two window boxes myself with all kinds of winter tolerant cuttings. It was fun but cold in the garage and I'm over it. Cold and of course I made a big mess for myself :gaah: Not the same as planting in the Spring. I may be lazy today and buying pre-arranged??

Be careful walking in that snow. It's snowy and icy here and while I won't allow it to keep me
in hibernation I'll admit I fear falling more than ever before. Scary prospect for us all.
It sounds like your appt went well. Wonderful...

Hope you're having a peaceful and relaxing weekend!
@annie57
 
Back
Top Bottom