TKR And the Marathon Begins<<

Dr prescribed pramipexole for restless legs. Anyone heard of this???
 
Well what do ya know.....I didn’t have restless legs last night. But not because I took the prescribed medicine. I’m a little nervous about taking it. Warnings on it said strong sexual urges and desire to gamble. I kid you not. That’s what it said!! And compulsive behaviors. Not sure I want to trade problems.

I did some pool exercising last night at 9. I know that’s kind of late but it’s stinkin hot here so it finally cooled down then. 107 today!! Then a smoothie with my son with yogurt, banana, peanut butter, and almond milk. Then 2 Tramadol, like usual. 2 of those new Hyland pills I got for leg cramps, which didn’t work the night before. And then went to bed. Woke up several times but NO restless legs. It was a miracle. So guess what I’m doing tonight?? Exactly the same things. Even down to the banana smoothie. Lol. I don’t know what the magic was, so I’ve gotta repeat it all.
 
If only trading meant trading up, right Jockette?

Another good night, but I eliminated the nighttime swim/exercise as I had PT. I told therapist I was bored with the few exercises I’ve been doing, needed them bumped up a notch. That notch kicked my behind. Lol. Knee is fine just felt it in my muscles.

Maybe the banana smoothie is the key......:)
 
So the magic is not Tramadol or Hylands for leg cramps. Down to the banana smoothie trial tonight. LOL

My ROM at PT today was 5 and 105. He wrote up his report to send to OS. I see the OS tomorrow for my 12 week appointment.:scary::yikes::dubious: He wasn't happy with 10 and 90 at 6 weeks and I'm certain he won't like where I am now, but I am. I'm so nervous to go. But I have to go, as I need him to release me for work, which is next week. Wish me luck. My plan is to be very positive and happy with my new knee. Maybe compliment him for job well done.:rofsign:He's actually an interesting fellow. He grew up in Thailand, as that's where his dad was posted during the war. He now goes back to Thailand every summer to do missionary type medical/surgery work. He and my husband chatted all about it in the hospital when he was supposed to be paying attention to me for the pre-surgery meet and greet and going over last minute things.
 
If he isn't happy with your knee, too bad. You're almost three months, so you still have plenty of time for the rest of the swelling to go down and thus get more ROM. (Although I don't know what 105 means in reality since I don't pay attention to the numbers, except once or twice before this surgery just to see what it was) Three months is a long time to very impatient people, but as I have said many times, this recovery takes PATIENCE! Therefore three months is a very short time in the scheme of things. I don't even know my ROM, and don't care to know. My OS never mentions ROM numbers, nor does he measure me for it, he just looks to see that I'm moving along and then he's happy. I'm sure he can tell how I'm doing by how I sit and walk (and smile) and that's all that's necessary. If your OS decides to be Debbie Downer, so be it-it's his problem, don't make it yours. Just smile and nod, get your release, thank him and tell him you'll see him later.
 
Even though I have unknown issues with my knee, at 16 months, my current ROM (whatever the number is) is better than it has ever been!! On the right chair/seat, it’s close to the non operated one. :dancy: However, if I’m laying down, it’s pitiful. :shrug: I don’t understand but I don’t care. It bends just fine when I need it to.

Now if I could just get it to feel as good as it bends, I will have “arrived”.
 
Well.....he wasn’t unhappy!!!! He measured and got the same as PT yesterday, 5 and 105. He kept wanting to see me walk then finally said “oh, ya, you’re the one with ankle issues. I remember you in surgery. Trying to fix your foot in the hold for feet was tough because your ankle wouldn’t bend.” Nice to be so memorable. LOL So he laid off on giving me a hard time about my gait. I told him I was working on it. He said it was all looking good and to keep working hard. Ha ha. Ok. I nodded. (I don’t work hard). But I do stretch, do bike, and pool exercises, but nothing I’d call hard.

Signed a work release, or is it a unrelease? So I can get into my classroom tomorrow and start organizing. Our custodian is on call for me when I get there to do all the desk and chair moving for me! Yay!! And OS stipulated on the form that I should not have yard duty for 3 months. That is GOLDEN!! Being able to sit and elevate on breaks will be awesome. I think I will make it!! I love my principal-she wants me back so will do anything to make it happen. Nice to feel wanted. This will be my 28th year teaching!

Oh, and I failed to ask about Tramadol tapering. Appointment was going well, didn’t want to jinx it or stay in there any longer than I had to
 
Awesome report!!! :happydance:

What grade do you teach? If you’ve said at some point, I forgot. :heehee:

Isn’t it amazing how these check ups can make it break our day. I usually went in nervous and stressed and came out a bit angry at being told to do things Bonesmart said not to. I much prefer to be around people I agree with, and I’m not fond of challenges.
 
I’m glad you got released to go back to work. As a retired principal myself, I totally understand your principal being onboard with any accommodations you need. One year we had a top notch veteran first grade teacher who had back surgery. Her husband moved a couch into her classroom so she could take breaks. She was so good she could even teach (effectively!) while lying on that couch!!
 
Thanks guys!! I teach 2nd, @Jockette. And teaching from a couch @chicklet is hilarious. But if it works, then it’s a great accommodation! I bet she had students clamoring to be on it too!
 
Great report and you sound so happy to be getting back to,”your kids”. Must be a wonderful teacher! Don’t know the exact protocol for tapering off tramadol but I found a 50 mg can be nicely cut in half with one of those pill cutting contraptions so I’ve been able to cut back to 25 mg. They cut nicely in half compared to when I tried to cut a 5 mg Oxycodone which just turned into powder!

Enjoy your 2018-19 school year:egypdance:
 
Thanks @Dzina. Yes, getting back to my kids will be good I think. Getting my mind off of myself, you know. I’ll try cutting in half tonight. I don’t have a pill cutter tho. Steak knife. Lol lol
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Back
Top Bottom