gardenangel
new member
- Joined
- Mar 12, 2013
- Messages
- 10
- Age
- 80
- Gender
- Female
My mistake was that I tried to withdraw from opiates far too quickly due to their unpleasant side effects, and I paid dearly with nasty withdrawal symptoms for about a week. How I wish I hadn't been so impatient, and had sought some direction from my physician about how to do it more safely and comfortably. I cannot take Tramadol because it is contraindicated with another med. (SSRI) I have been taking. Has the potential for causing serious problems. My insurance will not pay for topical pain relief patches, so I ice, elevate, keep moving, take my Tylenol, and pray for the pain to subside. This surgery, while a medical miracle, is not for the faint of heart.
United States




I have heard stories (here on BS) from those that have traveled after replacement. You may find that you need to rest and possibly ice in the evenings but I would hope that at 7 months you'd be ready for such an adventure.
I have extracted the weaning schedule from a library article and created a post specific to this process.