PKR 7 years, 9 doctors, and 6 hour drive

I'm doing well walking around construction sites again with the added weight of steel toe boots! I just make sure to always watch where I step and take the path of least resistance.
I finally was able to cut back to Diclofenac once a day. Hope to cut it out completely in the next month or two. Then just ibuprofen as needed.

We always hear about people saying they can feel weather changes in their joints or where they have broken a bone. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence for this, but I'm not finding scientific studies about it. So, I've decided, I'm going to do a self study. Going to wait till I'm back to only ibuprofen as needed. I will record pain levels and swelling morning and evening, activity level by tracking steps, and whether or not I took any medications. Later I'll go back and look up temperature, pressure, humidity, and precipitation. I will need to do this for probably a full year to get all the variations in weather. But, I'm a nerd so I get excited over things like this.
I would love to expand this to a large enough group to gather population data, but I think that has to be officially registered as a study with the government I'm crazy enough, I may look into that. But I doubt, as an individual, I'll be able to.
 
After a year and a half of daily NSAID use, I'm able to stop. But now I'm getting headaches. I'm trying to counter act by using Tylenol since it's in a different class. But Tylenol has never done much for me. Hope it doesn't take too long until I stop getting these headaches.
 
I'm doing well walking around construction sites again with the added weight of steel toe boots! I just make sure to always watch where I step and take the path of least resistance.
That's great! You might want to add in some soft gel heel insoles to act as a mini- shock absorber.
I do a lot of walking, as my main form of exercise and I find thin gel insoles make it more pleasant. I just get a new pair every 6 months or so.
 
I watch the YouTube channel "Institute of Human Anatomy." They educate through the use of a cadaver lab. This week they posted the best video I've seen on knee arthritis. They do point things out on a cadaver knee, so use your judgement on if it's something you want to watch.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom