THR 6 weeks post THR still in pain

Big milestone yesterday I managed to put a sock on the operated side!!
That IS a milestone! I don't think I was able to do without the socked until I was almost 4 months post-op.

I'm so glad to read that you are feeling better. You will continue to see progress in the weeks and months ahead -- it just takes time.

Do enjoy your Father's Day excursion!
Yes I couldn't believe it! Sockaid has been invaluable though.

Thank you much appreciated @benne68 I'm looking forward to it

Fathers day bike ride went really well (aside from moodiness from my 11 year old son but waddayagonnado). Ice pack afterwards to counteract any potential aching. Was careful on dismounting on the good leg. Managed to ramp up my swimming a bit this week stopped at 1k before I got carried away. No real adverse effects from that only a bit of soreness the following day. Upper thigh still hurts a bit but overall slowly getting there I think. First big test is going to see Blur at Wembley 8th July so working towards that. In the seats so I'll be resting as and when I need to just hoping my walking tolerance is okay by then. Got a catch up with the surgeon at the end of this month so hopefully things keep progressing.

Hope everyone's well:)

Newwhip....Pm sent

Using the pool for rehab was incredibly helpfull to get full extension and stretching of muscles and I still do them to this day.
Hi @pathfinder. Good to hear this from a swimmer. The pool exercises have been really helpful, esp. the steps. Pool walking a real struggle because I'm quite short, water comes up to my neck so I struggle not to float :heehee:
I enjoy swimming, including breaststroke and have done that during both THR recoveries but with a frog leg, not professional, kick and only about 500m even at my best!

Can you add any ankle replacement info to the forum? I've had both hips done but need an ankle replacement and ankle pain is limiting my walking. Some orthos suggest fusion rather than replacement? An ankle recovery thread would be extremely helpful.

Fathers day bike ride went really well (aside from moodiness from my 11 year old son but waddayagonnado). Ice pack afterwards to counteract any potential aching. Was careful on dismounting on the good leg. Managed to ramp up my swimming a bit this week stopped at 1k before I got carried away. No real adverse effects from that only a bit of soreness the following day. Upper thigh still hurts a bit but overall slowly getting there I think. First big test is going to see Blur at Wembley 8th July so working towards that. In the seats so I'll be resting as and when I need to just hoping my walking tolerance is okay by then. Got a catch up with the surgeon at the end of this month so hopefully things keep progressing.

Hope everyone's well:)
Hi all quick check in....Surgeon didn't call in the end but don't think it was necessary tbh. Seem to have plateaued a bit a the moment. I'm at 15.5 weeks now. Still have pain close to the joint but not in the joint. Thigh pain is still there depending on what im up to. That said I'm swimming well now and walking well no problems. Only longer distances are a bit uncomfortable afterwards. Being sat down for a length of time still feels sore. Have done a couple of 2 hour drives and went better than I thought. Blur gig went well, managed well, was stood up and dancing for all of it :) Pain meds are still needed but less often. Occasional ice too.

Hope everyone's keeping well

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Hyde
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom