• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

TKR 5 weeks post op today

Pumpkln

Country
United States United States
@Nixie
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.

Rockgirl4

graduate
Country
United States United States
@Nixie Yes, limping at 5 wks is pretty common. My PT said anyone NOT limping at 5 wks post-op is basically a TKR recovery miracle. :heehee: You just don't see it very often. I had just gotten rid of the walker at 4 wks and 5 days post-op, so I think you're right on track. It's definitely annoying though!!!!:console2:

Sara61

senior
Country
Portugal Portugal
@Nixie Likewise I'm still limping and I'm nearly 6 weeks post op my physio basically says that prior for many years I limped so it is probably still a habit - however if I concentrate and walk tall doing heel to toe I don't limp ( more often than not I now crutch free I tend to forget them...haha ) I still have the tight band feeling and find that if I'm sitting or lying with leg straight then it's hard to bend my ROM is currently at 120 so I think it's the norm for most of us.
Another theory my physiotherapist is mulling over is that my new knee might have made my leg a wee bit longer ...so on Thursday I'm going to be measured ( hopefully not as if so then my surgeon is going to get a rollicking it's bad enough having a click ...)
Hope all else is going well for you xx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Gen
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom