3 years & all is well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRGal

graduate
Country
United States United States
Went for my 3-year check-up today . . . in a nutshell: rock solid! :yay:

To all of you who are in the early days of recovery, let me assure you that the rewards are indescribably amazing! Three weeks ago, hubby, dog and I hiked a 2.4 mile trail. Last weekend, I skipped down the "Yellow Brick Road" with my 5-year-old granddaughter at a Halloween party at our local zoo!

3 years & all is well!

3 years & all is well!

You'll be where I am before you know it! And meanwhile, learn from and enjoy the relationships you make here--they just may be the start of some amazing and precious international friendships! :cheers_wine:

Renee

I'll drink to that! :cocktail_martini: I found another "sister" on here (aka Renee) and made some wonderful friendships which I will treasure forever!

Oh......and it will be three years since my left hip replacement this coming Sunday (the 23rd) and while I'm not running (bad knee).....I'm certainly not limping anymore! :thumb:

What a lovely update Renee. Thanks for sharing your success!

Peta - great to see you again too! Sorry about your knee - TKR planned? At least the hips are doing well!

And now you two have another reason to open a bottle of wine :loll:!

Seriously though, your's is a wonderful success story Renee! I wish you many years of good health and happiness, and am so happy for you. I, too, have made some life long friendships because of this wonderful forum! :cheers_wine:Cheers!

What fantastic posts from Renee and Peta. Uplifting and encouraging, thank you both so much :thumb:

Hallo, Renee,

I'm about 11 months into my recovery and beginning to think I shall never be able to move normally without discomfort ever again. Sure I've come a long way and I'm grateful for that but I feel that the prize of full, comfortable mobility is still dangling in the air, tantalisingly out of reach and not seeming to get any nearer.

So when I read about your joyful frolics on the Yellow Brick Road and elsewhere, I think again and say to myself that maybe I can get there after all. Renee and Peta, we are not bored by your success stories. We need them and we need you to tell them. Please don't go away.

All the best, Alan

I'm so excited to think one day I'll be 3 years out and hiking a trail (maybe with my hubby and dog...then again 3 years is quite quick to go from none of that to all of it :wink1: )

I hope you just get to do more and more!

Oh oh! I teared up when I saw your two names! I'm so touched you came back and posted.

When did you two hatch that neat idea! :friends: :friends:

Jessica, you're so young and you have lots of great times ahead of you. I bet you will be amazed at where you are in the coming months and years. If you want to hike, you will. :thumb:

LOL Jo.....we didn't actually "hatch" the idea at all. When I saw Renee's post it reminded me that my left hip's third birthday was coming up. To be honest, I hadn't realised...........I forget most days that I even HAVE two hip replacements! Which I guess is what it's all about.......isn't it? :yay:

Indeed it is - the very best kind of outcome!

So great to hear from BOTH of you!!!! And you're right....I too have formed some amazing bonds with folks all over the world because of BoneSmart. So glad to know you both continue to do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads