• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

2019 August Hotshots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

OP
OP
bottomshollow
Country
United States United States
aug 15.jpg
@Shewolf38, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

wanttowalk

Country
Partial knee replacement on the 28th of this month. Need to do the right one later as they are both bad. Struggling from 2 years, tried everything, shots and even stem cell therapy. Finally doing it and nervous as hell!

OP
OP
bottomshollow
Country
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hotshots!

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 August 2019 greensled (partial), 2yng4nofun
05 August 2019 brucerit, CatladyCRW
06 August 2019 mwinstan, Liztlag
07 August 2019a Lesel
13 August 2019 borogirl, Carole4815, kray, crayonmom
14 August 2019 WonkyKnees
15 August 2019 leverman, susie2f
16 August 2019 Livingston
19 August 2019 NuNees2019
20 August 2019 Pattikakes, sewhat, swimmer77
22 August 2019 sondrals
26 August 2019 2SadKnees (bilateral)
27 August 2019 Bossy97
28 August 2019 wanttowalk (partial), ICanDoThis
29 August 2019 Shewolf38, Hopeless

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
bottomshollow
Country
melt 25.png
@wanttowalk, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

Hopeless

Country
Soooo,, Aug 29 is my right TKR date. It has been a long year. I originally had a date of March 2, but fell on Jan 28 and shattered my right ankle. Emergency surgery next day. Recovery was about 2 X longer than what I expected, and I have permanently, 2, 2-inch long screws, a long metal plate, and about a dozen or so metal pins holding the plate to my tibia. and I have been told by numerous medical people it was much worse than a TKR. Any thoughts on that So my biggest fear is Infection in the new knee. and a lifetime of prophylactic antibiotics as they increase the risk of C. diff ??? I plan to go to a rehab facility since my home is just too tiny for a 2nd person here.

Also they say I "must" wear the calf pumps for 2 weeks post op even though insurance won't pay for them. Thoughts?

OP
OP
bottomshollow
Country
aug 16.jpg
@Hopeless, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Pattikakes

Country
So glad surgery is behind me and happy to say that things are going better than I expected. Pain is under control and any swelling is minimal. It was nice to be able to come home yesterday, 24 hrs after surgery, and recuperate at home.

OP
OP
bottomshollow
Country
melt 12.jpg
@Lesel, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Pattikakes

Country
Sorry, but I don't know how to switch to recovery thread. Help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
bottomshollow
Country
aug 14.jpg
@iCanDoThis, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

OP
OP
bottomshollow
Country
@Pattikakes, To start a recovery thread, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Recovery" forum.

On the upper right hand side under the "Active Scar Shield" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

OP
OP
bottomshollow
Country
water sprinkler.jpg
@crayonmom, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

OP
OP
bottomshollow
Country
aug 23.jpg
@swimmer77, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Roobear
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Top Bottom