BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

2019 August Hotshots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, May 1, 2019.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    aug 15.jpg @Shewolf38, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

2. wanttowalk

wanttowalk new member

Partial knee replacement on the 28th of this month. Need to do the right one later as they are both bad. Struggling from 2 years, tried everything, shots and even stem cell therapy. Finally doing it and nervous as hell!

3. bottomshollow

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hotshots!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 August 2019 greensled (partial), 2yng4nofun
    05 August 2019 brucerit, CatladyCRW
    06 August 2019 mwinstan
    13 August 2019 borogirl, Carole4815, kray
    14 August 2019 WonkyKnees
    15 August 2019 leverman, susie2f
    16 August 2019 Livingston
    19 August 2019 NuNees2019
    20 August 2019 Pattikakes, sewhat
    22 August 2019 sondrals
    26 August 2019 2SadKnees (bilateral)
    27 August 2019 Bossy97
    28 August 2019 wanttowalk (partial)
    29 August 2019 Shewolf38, Hopeless

4. bottomshollow

melt 25.png @wanttowalk, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

5. Hopeless

Hopeless junior member

Soooo,, Aug 29 is my right TKR date. It has been a long year. I originally had a date of March 2, but fell on Jan 28 and shattered my right ankle. Emergency surgery next day. Recovery was about 2 X longer than what I expected, and I have permanently, 2, 2-inch long screws, a long metal plate, and about a dozen or so metal pins holding the plate to my tibia. and I have been told by numerous medical people it was much worse than a TKR. Any thoughts on that So my biggest fear is Infection in the new knee. and a lifetime of prophylactic antibiotics as they increase the risk of C. diff ??? I plan to go to a rehab facility since my home is just too tiny for a 2nd person here.

Also they say I "must" wear the calf pumps for 2 weeks post op even though insurance won't pay for them. Thoughts?

6. bottomshollow

aug 16.jpg @Hopeless, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pattikakes

Pattikakes new member

So glad surgery is behind me and happy to say that things are going better than I expected. Pain is under control and any swelling is minimal. It was nice to be able to come home yesterday, 24 hrs after surgery, and recuperate at home.

• Like Like x 1