After three years living with botched knees, I have decided not to have the revision until things get intolerable. I have been able to go on 5 diving holidays, and have found that each one has been less difficult and painful. So it is very true that improvement can go on well into year three.
However, my knees are still unpredictable, and painful episodes still happen due to the deficiencies in the workmanship of the ops. But whilst I am still young enough to dive, and put up with the arduous journey to the best corners of the planet, I do not want to lose another year plus of recovery, and risk never being able to dive again.
My surgeon is of the opinion that my knee will not just suddenly collapse, but just get worse again over time. Also, that there is nothing to be gained from having it done sooner rather than later.
So I have decided that chickening out is the best option for me for now.
I’ll be back at some time, hopefully not too soon.