TKR 2 months out new pain

Believe me, they do a LOT of maneuvering with your leg during the surgery. Try not to worry.....early days still.
 
Hi Jamie,
I know they do a lot of maneuvering with leg but the swelling I have seems a bit too much
I’m wondering though, since I forgot I fractured my ankle and was in a boot a few years ago .
Also this is the same side I had my hip replaced (2x(
Waiting to hear from dr
Thank
 
Believe me, they do a LOT of maneuvering with your leg during the surgery. Try not to worry.....early days still.
I've still got the vibrant bruises and tenderness on my calf and ankle to prove this, 5 weeks post-op!
 
Yep....that's pretty typical. Joint replacement surgery can be a physical challenge for surgeons. It's one of the reasons you probably don't see a lot of women joint replacement surgeons out there.

@susanne I hope you hear back from your surgeon soon. If you're concerned, it's always a good idea to give them a call and check on your question.
 
Thanks for all your responses
Glad to know I’m not alone.
I just don’t remember having this pain in ankle at all.
 
You may not have it the first time around. Remember that each surgery and recovery is different, so it's really difficult to try and compare one to another.
 
I realize that. Seeing surgeon on Monday
Thanks
 
Good luck! Let us know how your appointment goes.
 
Appointment was today
Dr not too concerned about swelling and tightness in knee because my range of motion is good
He suggested to wrap on ace bandage or use compression hose.
He also called me back in to his office to look at my leg in light. He’s looking for cellulitis (which I had with my Ltkr ) but nothing there. Said to keep checking for heat or redness which I really can’t see bc my legs tan.
Starting PT next week
And return to his office in 2 months
 
Thank you all again for your support .
Even though leg feels heavy I’m continuing to ice and elevate.
but….. still hurts…..
hoping this too shall pass.
And again don’t know what I’d do without BoneSmart. Your continued support, suggestions again always helps to ease all by my fears
Now if only I could sleep!!
Next appt is in 2 months.
Again, thank you all
 
Can anyone help. Just went thru another replacement 2 days ago
Having so much trouble with calf spasms, seizing up on me
So intense goes to my brain
Any suggestions how to alleviate this
Pure torture
But my knee doesn’t feel to bad 2 days out of surgery
Sue. Just remember that ‘nothing stays the same’. This too will pass. Hang in there, girl. Try and do some reading if you can. This will take your mind off some of the pain, okay?
 
Thanks. I think I’ve read over 100 books this year .
I think that when I elevate leg feels a little better, but then I get up walk around and the swell goes right down to my Shreck foot!
But I’m getting there. Much better than the last tkr 7 years ago.
thanks for your support
 
Here we go again. 3 steps forward 5 steps back.
I’m now 2 months out from my tkr
Besides the fact that my calf was as hard as a rock and my ankle so swollen I had to see vascular dr. No clots. He recommended compression stockings ( which hurt more after wearing them for a couple of hours)
Heat 3x day 20 minutes elevate at bedtime
My surgeons recommendations are ice elevate and PT
So now that I’m totally confused I’m back again needing advice
Also all of a sudden outer side of knee became so painful. Could I have done some damage to the implant?
I now have a rom 110. Thinking I might have overdone PT
Suggestions greatly appreciated
Thanks for letting me vent
 
You would think that by now I would have this down pat! But now having so much trouble with my ankle. Despite the fact that it hurts so bad, swells when I wear shoes , it’s now turning black and blue
Is this normal?

Too many changes
And on top of everything else dr wants to wean me off pain meds. I only take at night when everything hurts so bad brings me to tears,
I think next stop will be my pain management dr
Any suggestions. Still icing and elevating
Thanks for any help, suggestions you may have
 
It is not what I would consider "normal" to have bruising in your ankle 2 months out. You need to notify your surgeon of this and have him take a look. If they haven't done so, you might ask for an x-ray of your ankle to see if it might have received some damage when your leg was manipulated during the knee surgery.

Ice, elevate and pain meds are still good for you, so I'd continue that.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom