2 days till surgery. Scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrodtn

Country
United States United States
What a great forum this is. I appreciate all the info I have found on here.

Tuesday I am going to have bilateral partial replacements. First time in my life I will be in a hospital. I am 41 year old male.

I have a Bakers Cyst on my right knee which is very painful. I called the OS and the nurse said it would probably pop during surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

@mrodtn You'll do GREAT! There is a wealth of info on this site, so you will be well prepared. And there are many of us out here waiting to cheer you on through your recovery. You CAN do this!! :yes!:
Just remember,there are no awards for being a hero by not taking pain meds. Stay ahead of the pain. Take the meds!

Good luck to you! So glad you found us! Be sure to ask as many questions as you can think of....someone will be around to answer you and offer tips and suggestions. Just think....soon you will be on the road to recovery and arthritis pain will be just a memory! My best tips.....stay on top of the pain and ice, ice, ice!

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Yes, the cyst will be gone along with your bone on bone pain. The new pain will lessen a bit every day, especially if you; stay ahead of the pain and take meds as scheduled, rest, ice and elevate. Being a bilateral takes courage and lots of patience. Good luck!

Good luck with your surgery! Be sure and post any questions you may have before the big day and we'll get them answered for you. Then we'll be right here as you start your recovery with support and information.

This is a great site. I learned so much from reading through everyone's recovery threads. Let us know how it goes. Since you have prepared by becoming a bonesmartie, I am sure you will do well.

You will be taken such good care of during surgery and your hospital stay. This forum is great especially in the dark hours when it's not possible to sleep well. Someone's always here to listen and help. You will be glad you had this surgery. It gives you your life back no matter whether it is a slow or quick recovery.

Hi and welcome to BoneSmart! Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.
I have a Bakers Cyst on my right knee which is very painful. I called the OS and the nurse said it would probably pop during surgery.
Had to comment on this because this is obviously a nurse whose has a poor knowledge of Baker's cysts. It's actually quite a substantial thing and cannot 'pop' but the surgeon will deal with it whatever way he deems appropriate during surgery - either excise it or drain it. You can read more about these things and how they work here Baker's cysts and other knee bursae.

I was so scared of the unknown. To my delight, the surgery and recovery has been better than my expectations. Good luck and look forward to your posts.

Good luck on your surgey
And all are right
Don't be a hero
Take the pain meds every 4 hours the first week or more at least!

Tomorrow is the day. Hospital called and changed my surgery for 2pm to more hours later. Oh well here we go.

I appreciate all the words of encouragement and all the advice that I have been reading.

Being nervous before this life-changing surgery is perfectly normal and is certainly to be expected. After the surgery, though, the vast majority of folks have said, "That was not as big of a deal as I thought it would be."
I have a Bakers Cyst on my right knee which is very painful.
I also had a Baker's Cyst, but, after my BTKR, my knees became stable and the Baker's Cyst has not been seen since.

Once your knee becomes stable, the cyst will not have a reason to "inflate."

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties