TKR 19 Months Post Op, new pain and swelling

@Lywn please answer my question about where this pain is? Then maybe I can help you.

Josephine, Everything from the middle of my left thigh to the bottom of my foot is sore in varying degrees. The muscles on the back of my thigh hurt. The left and right side of my knee hurts a lot at night. The front of my shin is sore. When I shave my leg the nerve damage hurts. My ankle and foot are very sore and have been since I woke up from surgery. My knee wakes me up every night hurting. My foot feels like there is always something pulling on it, like something is not aligned properly. You were so kind to send me a leg and knee graphic before but I can't find it now. I am sorry. If you resend it to me I will try my best to fill it out.

View attachment 73401 I appreciate all your replies. I have xrays tomorrow. I tried to remember if I did anything different over the weekend and I can't remember anything. I like the idea of seeing another surgeon who doesn't know my first surgeon. My surgical leg was cut too short during surgery so I have been fitted with a built up insole. I do need to see a podiatrist.

Josephine:

Front:
BLF3 BLF4
CLF3 CLF4
DLF3 DLF4
ELF3 ELF4
FLF3 FLF4
GLF3 GLF4
HLF3 HLF4

Back:
BLB4 BLB3
CLB4 CLB3
DLB4 DLB3
ELB4 ELB3
FLB4 FLB3
GLB4 GLB3
HLB4 HLB3

@Lywn your image doesn't show. Did you use the "Upload a File" tool? Uploading a Picture in a Post

Oh my goodness. Do you mean something like this?

Lywn.jpg

Yes, Josephine, that is right. I am sorry. I didn't even know there was such a tool. I am waiting on the results of my xrays. I have always felt there was something wrong with my knee. Now, it is very painful to walk on. I am going to tell my husband this evening that I won't be able to go anyplace till I find out what is wrong. He will be very upset.

I have always felt there was something wrong with my knee
I feel the same way, as do other members also. My X-ray looks fine, so 3 different surgeons don’t see the need to look further for a cause. I am not in a huge amount of actual pain, so for now I’m managing.

With this current pain you are hopefully close to getting an answer. :console2:

I saw a new physio and he gave me new exercises to do. They made my knee and damaged foot hurt so bad and the pain kept me up every night, so I gave them up. I am a disciplined person and can tolerate pain but that was ridiculous. Sadly, my other knee and hip are very bad. I wish I could see an above average surgeon that I could have confidence in but they seem to be in short supply. I really do need help.

After nearly two years of trying to get some answers, I finally had an allergy skin test for metal and polymer. I am allergic to nickel. Since most replacements have nickel in them I will be asking a surgeon if that could be the answer to the pain and fatigue and sore joints I have all the time.

Thanks great that you had allergy test done. I sometimes wonder if that’s my problem.

Did you have trouble getting a doctor to do the test for you?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
IceWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom