Guest viewing is limited

TKR 10 weeks and it's a pain

Can you show me where your pain is using this chart?

[Bonesmart.org] 10 weeks and it's a pain



After that, I'd quite like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?
 
I think the best way to describe the area is dead center between where B & C meet and LF3 & LF4 meet. I also have a lot of stiffness in B/LB4. I will try and answer any questions you pose. Thank you!

I don't have a bike inside at the house. I think I will have to look into getting one. We have treadmill desks at work so I was using that when I can't get outside.
 
Are these the places?

[Bonesmart.org] 10 weeks and it's a pain


I think that the red is likely to be the quads tendon
And the blue to be Pes Anserine pain



As for the questions, here they are!

It would be very helpful if you would answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are ....

1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't forget to factor in other forms of pain such as soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching, swelling and stiffness).

2. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?

3. how swollen is your leg compared to these?
[Bonesmart.org] 10 weeks and it's a pain


4. what is your ROM - that's flexion (bend) and extension (straightness)

5. are you icing your knee at all? If so, how often and for how long?

6. are you elevating your leg. If so how often and for how long?

7. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and

8. are you doing any exercises at home? If so what and how often?
This is the most crucial question so please help me by using the format I have left as an example
(which means please make a list and not an essay!)

Exercises done at home
- how many sessions you do each day
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.

Anything done at PT
- how many times a week
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.
 
You are spot on on the locations.

1. My pain level is running between a 3 & 4 during the day. It is worse at night when I lay down, up to about a five. The joint itself doesn't seem to hurt but everything around it does.

2. The only "pain" medication I'm on is Celecoxib, 100 mg twice a day. I resisted taking it because of the horror stories but I did start taking it a week ago. Prior to that I was taking Tylenol, 1000 mg every 6 hours.

3. Swelling is moderate. It is hot most of the time.

4. The last time my ROM was checked they said I was at 112 of flexion and at 4 when I straighten it out.

5. I've been using my Game Day ice machine on it twice a day. At lunch time for about 20 minutes and in the evening for an hour or so.

6. I elevate it several times a day for 30 minutes or so while at work. I sit in my recliner with it elevated in the evenings for a couple of hours.

7. My activity level is probably too high. Go figure. I work (accounting), clean my house, do the laundry, cook, grocery shopping, at least when I'm able.

8. Exercises done at home include heel slides (30) 2 x a day, ham string stretches 3 for 30 seconds twice a day, quad sets (all 4 ways) 20 once a day, squats 20 twice a day. These are what my PT told me I should be doing.

I was doing PT twice a week until about 3 weeks ago. They had me ride a stationary bike for 10 minutes, balancing on one foot for 30 seconds x 3 times, I don't know the name of the machine but I had to push a weighted bar in all 4 directions. They also had me do 20 clam shells, and several other things. I should note that I stopped going, with OS permission after a PT that was filling in for my normal PT forced my knee to bend from 105 to 112 in one hard push. Totally hurt and I filed a complaint against him.
 
Exercises done at home include heel slides (30) 2 x a day, ham string stretches 3 for 30 seconds twice a day, quad sets (all 4 ways) 20 once a day, squats 20 twice a day. These are what my PT told me I should be doing.

I was doing PT twice a week until about 3 weeks ago. They had me ride a stationary bike for 10 minutes, balancing on one foot for 30 seconds x 3 times, I don't know the name of the machine but I had to push a weighted bar in all 4 directions. They also had me do 20 clam shells, and several other things. I should note that I stopped going, with OS permission after a PT that was filling in for my normal PT forced my knee to bend from 105 to 112 in one hard push. Totally hurt and I filed a complaint against him.
The question actually was
- please make a list and not an essay
- how many sessions you do each day
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each​
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom