2nd Hip pain worse than 1st was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juliep

graduate
Joined
Mar 23, 2011
Messages
840
Location
Florida, United Stat
I thought I would have more time on my second hip. The last week or more the pain has just gotten so bad. This pain is so different from right side. My right side was all groin pain and this is all pain in the bone of rear end and side of hip and sitting even hurts. I can barely put weight on the leg either. :sigh:

My next appointment with OS has been pushed forward from 22nd to this Thursday afternoon. I have to wonder when they do x-ray if the head is flattened and if that is why I'm having this kind of pain. My pain meds aren't working much either. I was only able to make it for about 3 hours of work today.

I'm hoping that I will be able to include myself in the July surgery date if all goes well with the appointment Thursday. I'm SO tired of feeling this way and feeling down and out all the time. :cry:
 
Awww...fingers crossed for you Julie! Please let us know as soon as you find out. I, too, am starting to feel the old familiar pain in my other hip. I'm sure it will only be a matter of time. Hang in there...
 
Thanks so much Janet. I did talk to Linda yesterday as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her tomorrow. When it rains it pours. My boyfriend is away for work less than 2 hours away and he called feeling awful earlier and is in ER. He didn't want me driving there. They are doing CT scan after ultrasound and could be Diverticulitis. I probably will be on road in am to hospital he is at. UGH...

I have kept up with pain meds every 4-6 hours today so that has helped. After reading a few of the other ladies who have had their second ones done and said the second was worse, now I'm a little bit more worried.

Will let everyone know Thursday after appt. Let us know about Linda. I know she will also be sending out an email and a FB post.

Well just got word from BF and I'm heading out. They are calling surgeon in and it's his appendix. ..
 
Well I had my appointment today. What a long visit. He was running behind so ended up being there for almost 3 hours, but got it scheduled for Tuesday, July 26th !! I'm so ready.

He said from the x-ray that the AVN was stage 3-4 in that hip now and the head is flattening out.

We also discussed my knee issue and the injection he did for it and he re looked at MRI and said he really doesn't think it's Osteochrondritis Dessecans but believe it's Necrosis as well. He said to keep it braced as I've been doing and lets just get the hips all squared away and strong and then we'll deal with any further issues. Wants me to keep up with leg lifts with weights on both legs to keep quads strong.

My entire summer has been taken away, but I know next year I'll be in shape to enjoy it all !! :thumb:
 
Julie, that's an awful shame. Bone on bone is a bit like toothache - nothing works very much for the pain. Just have to hang on and wish for 26th to get here quickly. Hope hubby is going to be okay.
 
Thanks Jo!! As they say when it rains it pours!! He's doing pretty well, just sore from the 3 incisions with pants hitting them. Hospital wasn't cleanest so kind of concerned by that. What can you do when out of town, you know. He will be following up with his local GP. I would think they would put him on antibiotics afterwards but didn't?

I sure do notice bone on bone with this hip and like you said even pain meds really don't work.

Looking forward to the buy one get one free!! 100% out of pocket has already been met so I owe nothing for this surgery.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom