Why the shivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilot1

graduate
Joined
Nov 6, 2009
Messages
521
Location
United States
Hey group,
I had total hip done Jan 7th.
I am feeling really great..
Had a bowl of ice cream with fresh fruit last night and almost done I started to feel like an ice cube... I am one of those guys who can go out in the cold with shorts and people think I am nuts..
Anyway, I was so cold my wife had to get a blanket in the dryer hot and put on me..
It was kind of funny but I wonder if It has anything to do with the Anesthetic they put us out with...Maybe my body is still a little fragile??? Has anyone else experienced this..
Not long after I warmed up I was just fine and almost hot.. I got the bowl of Ice cream out and finished it and did not get cold..
Really weird.
 
Hey Pilot, are you on blood thinner? I'm on coumadin. I was sitting out side yesterday with some buddies smoking a cigar and I got cold. It was in the 50's here and I had a coat on. None of the other guys got cold. I'm wondering if its got something to do with the blood thinners to prevent blood clots?
 
Yep, could be the after effects of the anaesthetics and the surgery. That can hang around for a week or two.
 
Hi, there, Pilot,

Oh, so much better to have the shivers than the pain! :wink:
Sounds like you are really coming along, I am so glad for you.
The liquid refreshment sounds great, maybe, I should endulge before surgery! :hehe:
It's a rainy day here, in sunny California. Take care and remember not to over do it! Best to take good care of that new hip. :D


Achin' down the calf now....What's that all about? Last night, couldn't even keep the leg still cause of the achin'....Oh, to be on the other side and to have the guts to do it!!! :bow:
God Bless,
Cathy (Leader)
 
Pilot,
Thank goodness for a lovin' wife that will go get that toasty warm blankey! Our bodies do weird things in reaction to surgery, and drugs, etc.

Cathy,
My leg ached down over the knee for the month before surgery. I started to worry that my knee was going out. But had read somewhere that sometimes the hip joint problem causes knee pain.
You've got the guts! Go for the glory on the Other Side! Maybe a little liquid courage would help! :hehe:
 
My ENT made a comment to me that the anesthetics they use today can make you cold..and that anesthesia itself can take a couple weeks to fully clear out of your system.

I think I ran chills on and off after the scope for awhile (altho I was out for 3.5 hrs for that one....).
 
Pilot

I have experanced the exact same thing sever times. Usually when I'm doing my ice treatmeant but then sometimes it just sets in. A lot of times I get cold sweats before or after.

Cathy I though before my surgery my knee was shot aslo from the compensation. Since my surgery my knee pain is gone and I'm moving around well on it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom