THR Made it around the corner

That a little sore is ok, but any exercise whether it’s the first one or the 10th that presents pain means STOP. That made me feel so much better, like she wasn’t trying to push me into doing things I didn’t want to do.
This is great!
My husband also didn't mind standing watch for shower duties...:heehee:

My dr said missionary position and him sitting in chair positions are fine at two weeks. Just an FYI;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um...yeah...no.
...when I went back for my post natal appointment at three weeks, the doctor said "you can resume your normal sexual relations"
When I got home and ex-husband asked how things went...I said "Doctor said it will be 6 more weeks!":curtsey:

@Tarajeane thank you for that. My doc wasn’t specific, just “when you feel up to it” is all we got. Thanks for the 411 :egypdance: I thought surgery would slow us down, but I actually think it revved his engine somehow. My needing the assistance perhaps. :roseshwr:

I think it would be better to go to physical therapy. My doctor is firmly against it, only wants home health/PT. I feel annoyed like I can’t really get relaxed because I’m waiting for them to get here, you know like when you spend four hours waiting on the cable guy. Can’t settle in, may be here any minute.... I just really don’t like the waiting around. It’s only an hour but still, if I had an appointment time and got there at that time I think it would just work better for my psyche. Only 3 more to go, I’ll be glad when it’s over.

Also, I slept through the night without a pain pill or Tylenol. rock on:yes!:

I agree, I didn't like having to worry about the PT showing up the house. I really liked her and do think she helped me a bit, but it felt like an intrusion...had to shut my dog up somewhere so he wouldn't go nuts. Mine ended last week and I'm super happy its over(not to mention the end of the co-pays! :). I'm thinking I'm just gonna relax and do my own little exercises this week and see how I feel about starting outside PT next week. Or I may even wait until after my 6 week follow up with my os and just focus on walking more and more.

My hubby was mountain biking on Saturday and hit the butt of a deer and went over his handle bars! He's "OK" (and so was the deer!)....but now I'm having to wait on him a bit!! I'm glad that has sloooowed his "engine" for a bit ;)

@ShellKay13 - just caught up with your thread.. had to laugh about the deer slowing down your hubby's engines..
I'm happy to read that you are thinking of stopping PT and just progress slowly on your own for a while. IMHO and also some of my HO is from here on our beloved bonesmart- overdoing it can result in tendonitis that can s!tay chronic for a long time Anything that hurt or even began feeling "hot" or tight, I stopped immediately. I would like to think that with some rest and patience, you will see a lot of improvement in the next two weeks!
It's most definitely not a linear line to the finish.. how could it be? Just google thigh muscles in upper leg and just see how many there are that have to learn to work together again!
I think it's great that you are back to work for few hours each day, I think you will feel better with that to manage.
I'm self employed and it weighs heavily on my mind..
keep your chin up! you got this! :ice:

I love going to out patient PT. I go to a place called Ability and the PT are amazing. The only bad experience I had where with the pt assistance. I feel it gets me out of the house, they show me how to retrain my muscles from walking so poorly before sx and also stretch me. I will be 4 weeks on Wednesday. The one thing I have noticed though is when I walk my knee turns in a little. Any one else have this? I am pretty sure it’s weak muscles. Going to talk to my PT about it tomorrow :)

I am officially 4 weeks out and done with PT! I am so thankful. This may be normal, or fast or slow I don’t know but I am so happy where I am. I walk with my cane, most of the time I don’t need it and feel that I’m using it as a safety net. Although when I ‘forget’ it and walk without it within hours I absolutely feel the difference. I worked two full days and it was so tiring and hard... but I’ve always been able to do hard. I walk without a limp most of the time, with or without the cane. I want to practice a hip swing but that’s me just being silly. LOL my husband seems to like my hips even without a swing, but I’m excited to get to the point where I can swagger :yahoo:

Happy One Month Anniversary! It sounds like you're doing great.
May it only get better :)
Have a great week!
@Chaotic

@Chaotic so happy to hear about your progress!! My knee pain is completely gone:) I also am waking without a cane most of the time and not limping but do bring trekking poles with me when I go walking and use them on and off. I’m still doing PT, signed up for another month 2X a week. I like going, kinda like a personal trainer;) I still have to pay attention to my walking so I don’t limp but over all very happy with my progress at well! Def want to get my swag back too!!!!

@Tarajeane I am so glad you are doing so well! Another week down and I hope you are feeling even better! I have been walking more and more without my cane. Result... more groin pain. It’s the same as when I went from the walker to the cane and this time I am not letting it get so bad. I am sitting on ice every moment I can.

Expectation vs. reality = reality check

So I am “generally sore” not horrible but not great. I continue to remind myself that it’s been a long (rough) week at work and that today is 5 weeks. I went 9 hours today until my next dose of Tylenol. That can’t be that bad. But the FOMO seriously. All the beach vacations, even my own memories on Facebook. My hubby is in Vegas and he totally deserves it. My kids are going tubing down the river and will have so much fun. I am sitting on ice. LITERALLY. And I did this now so I can vacay later but uggggh. Don’t feel sorry for me. I will have 36 hour to MYSELF to be alone with me for the first time in 15 years! That’s awesome, I just wish I felt like doing more with those hours. :flabber:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Chaotic same prob here with the groin area, it’s so annoying too because I want to work out and stretch but I also have to remind myself to be patient. My kids have been at the spring tubing all summer ( I’m in Florida) and I just want it lay in the sun and get a tan but def not this summer. You are a good wife letting your husband take a mini vacay [emoji38]. I’m so glad I did the surgery, I was always in so much pain and now I just want to be able to enjoy all the things I stopped doing. My ROM is so bad, better now but still not good. I can’t even put on socks and shoes on operative leg. Ice def is the key so pain!
I can’t wait till I’m healed, feeling good and at the end of this year going to get a hip tat that covers all my scars, from this sx and from my previous hip sx years ago. I’m gonna be a new women! Lol [emoji38]. Alone time is sometimes the best!!!

Tomorrow I have my six week follow up appointment. It will be six weeks on Thursday. I assume I will be getting the all clear to bend past ninety degrees. I won't lie, I've probably bent more than I should, snapping dog leashes, feeding the dogs, dropping EVERYTHING.

So this morning I decided I would try to put on my socks, like for real. I don't know if I'm afraid because I haven't been cleared, or if it was because it kindof hurt to bend... but I couldn't do it. I had to decide to go sockless or wake my husband. Luckily I was saved when the teen came home and I made him do it. But really, socks?!

When did you start putting yours on?

Hi @Chaotic, I have my 6 week check up next week, had my bilateral surgery day before you. My Physio says my ROM has improved greatly, it was terrible before, couldn’t put on socks, do up shoes etc. I still haven’t got enough range though to do these things yet, R side worse than L, but I feel slowly it’s improving. The resistance is coming from my muscles now, not the OA, that just felt like a brick wall!! Good luck with your appt.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017