Bilateral THR Made it!!

@stellaluna have you ever had lower back issues or sciatic pain? I have chronic sciatica and the symptoms are similar to what you are describing. Sitting at a computer for long hours can bring this on. Does this ease with rest?

@Jaycey yes resting does seem to help a little bit. And yes my day job is an office job . I sit but do have a sit to stand contraption that I use so I’m not seated all day. I’ve never had any major low back issues that I can recall.

Update— dr called. Says it’s the peroneal nerve. He asked if I’m a side sleeper- I said yes; mostly cuz if I sleep on my back I snore and it annoys my hubby lol. It’s def better but foot still a bit numb. I took it easy today for sure and I think it’s helped !

Hello @stellaluna
I am doing a quick check-in on my hippy buddies as I approach 11 months next week! I'm doing well, back at yoga on a mat and ready to tackle some gym work next month (slowly and gradually!).

I send sympathies on the passing of your MIL. Our 98y.o. aunt passed at new years and hubs is the executor. We just this week finished getting all her boxes of stuff packed and shipped back east to her g-daughter. I think 2018 was a bit of a lost year with the hip and lots of eldercare and 2019 was off to a slow start with deaths and more eldercare! I think May will bring some normalcy back!

I still have some challenges with the nerve pain at the scar site but otherwise am very pleased with the outcome.

I hope the numbness in your foot and leg has subsided. Sending you good vibes for continued recovery.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
galvesean
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom