Recent content by Zoebichon

  1. Zoebichon

    THR Tomorrow is the day! Recovery info to follow:)

    How is day six going for you? I remember the first two weeks definitely being rough but things improved over time.
  2. Zoebichon

    THR Charlie's RTHR Recovery Thread

    One of the reasons I believe I had some increased pain at six weeks is my doctor had asked me to discontinue my meloxicam then. So in addition to increasing my activity, I was down to just a nightIke dose of Tylenol. The meloxicam was great!
  3. Zoebichon

    THR Charlie's RTHR Recovery Thread

    I had both hips replaced at the same time. But I only had quad thigh pain and tightness in the right hip. And I only had soft tissue/groin pain in the left hip. I could definitely feel that right quad tightness, even some pain, for 4 months, then it slowly dissipated. Same with the groin...
  4. Zoebichon

    THR Holly's Hip Recovery

    I’m grateful for my retired federal employee health benefits. My co-pay for bilateral THR same day surgery was $75.00!
  5. Zoebichon

    THR Yoga after LTHR?

    I had bilateral dual mobility cups, plus anterior approach, so even less risk of dislocations. But I still listen really carefully to what my new hip joints tell me!
  6. Zoebichon

    THR Karen's left hip replacement recovery

    I still rely heavily on my bed-cane even at 4 months. I may always use it!
  7. Zoebichon

    THR Weird sensations and feeling of instability at times

    Your scar is so light! I’m a month ahead of you and my scars a so purple!
  8. Zoebichon

    THR My recovery thread: day 4 nausea and dizziness

    @Tuppence71. Can I just say that I love your cozy lounge wear. It looks like soft, light sweater material.
  9. Zoebichon

    THR Weird sensations and feeling of instability at times

    No, just anterior. My incisions are only three inches long! But I keep reading about everyone’s scars becoming thin and white within weeks. I am nearly 4 months, and my scar is still a very deep purple. Dr. Google says maybe I have a hypertrophic scar, which is harmless, just an...
  10. Zoebichon

    Foot Bunion surgery and more

    I had big toe joint fusion in 2018. I divided up my days between lying in bed and lying on the sofa, always with my leg up on a large yoga/exercise ball. I found the higher my foot, the less throbbing. The first week, my OS wanted me elevating my leg 55 minutes per each hour. The 2nd week...
  11. Zoebichon

    THR Strange bubble swelling

    In 2004, I started Weight Watchers and lost 75 pounds in 10 months. I even went “through “ menopause around that time. I did regain 23 pounds after retirement, but I have managed to keep over 50 pounds off for many years. Congrats on trying to lose weight. It is never easy to change emotional...
  12. Zoebichon

    Bilateral THR Cold-brew's Big Bilateral THR Adventure

    I was sleeping on either side by 2 weeks but I also had to switch sides every hour or two. I used a pillow between my knees and still do at 16 weeks. I had used the sock aid for several months before my surgery. I had to continue using it for at least 2 months after. My left foot was much...
  13. Zoebichon

    Bilateral THR Jad26 in recovery

    My upper thighs and front incisions were definitely warm for at least three weeks. Lots of inflammation going on in there from the surgery and healing. Ice really helps.
  14. Zoebichon

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    I was so happy to see your update. I also noticed that funny post has been removed! You should have kept it for remembrance’ sake!
  15. Zoebichon

    THR Continuing pain after one week

    Also, many hairline fractures simply don’t show on normal X-rays. It takes a CT scan. But after a week or three, the hairline fracture will usually then be big enough to be seen on X-ray.
Back
Top Bottom