Recent content by yorkiegs1

  1. yorkiegs1

    Adjustable Beds--need some opinions.

    Hi Mersada, I had my left hip replaced June 2019. I rented a new Lift recliner and slept in it for the first 2 weeks because I could not lift my leg by myself to get into my bed which is a sleep number adjustable bed. After I was able to sleep in bed comfortably the adjustable bed was great. I...
  2. yorkiegs1

    THR Yorkiegs1 Recovery

    Hi Layla!! Thank you for the anniversary wishes. I’m doing great! My body does not know it has a new hip. Big difference from last year this time that’s for sure. The sun is shining here in Upstate NY so that makes me happy. I’m able to do just about anything including riding my bike again...
  3. yorkiegs1

    THR Recovery questions day 4

    It’s one year ago I had my left hip replaced due to osteoarthritis. I was 65 at time of surgery. I needed Pain meds the first week after that I used Tylenol and I used my walker for 2 weeks then progressed to the cane the 3rd week. I did everything I was supposed to do. I iced daily n every...
  4. yorkiegs1

    Can a damaged hip cause back spasms?

    I’m not a doctor but I would say it could be possible the back pain may be due to a weak hip due to imbalance. Have you thought about seeing a chiropractor? Have you seen your primary doctor? Normally they would order an X-ray prior to referring to a surgeon. Or, maybe see a Chiropractor. You...
  5. yorkiegs1

    THR For single people - home health care guidance?

    Suggest you speak to the doctors office. Usually they have a coordinator that schedules surgeries and provides assistance for advice. I had my surgery at the hospital and was in the hospital 3 days. The third day I went home. The hospital nurses get you out of bed and walking same day of...
  6. yorkiegs1

    THR First THR June 25 - very scared

    Oh and I forgot to mention Ice, Ice, Ice. The ice bag was my best friend!!
  7. yorkiegs1

    THR First THR June 25 - very scared

    Hello RGS, congratulations on your decision to have your hip replaced. It will be one year since my surgery this month on June 12. I had osteoarthritis in my left hip. I too was scared and nervous and this is a normal feeling. However, I can honestly tell you this was the best decision I made...
  8. yorkiegs1

    THR Yorkiegs1 Recovery

    Thank you Mojo!! I’m doing great! Hip so much better. So glad I had it done!! Merry Christmas!!
  9. yorkiegs1

    Shower bathing questions

    I used a shower chair that I had. A simple sit down teal chair. I used a clean washcloth each time. In prep class was not told about the clean towel shower routine but I would assume it better to prevent infection thus using the clean washcloth. I’d use the towel twice and then get a clean one...
  10. yorkiegs1

    How long to hold out?

    Hi Joeml430 No I did not have any back issues. I’m told others have stiffness when sitting or after sleep so I’m hoping this is normal and will go away in time. I’m four months post op do I have more healing time to go. Was told it takes 6 months to a year to get back to 100%. In my case time...
  11. yorkiegs1

    THR Yorkiegs1 Recovery

    Hi Layla, Still dealing with sensitivity n tightness in the op thigh. I’m done with PT. Doing massage therapy 2 times a month to massage hip etc and am walking as much as I can daily weather permitting 1.5 miles. When I move I’m okay. When I sit n get up I’m stiff. Apt with surgeon end of month...
  12. yorkiegs1

    How long to hold out?

    Hello Joeml430, No one should live in pain. I had Osteoarthritis in my left hip and underwent a hip replacement this past June. It was the best thing I could have done for myself. I too was unable to walk for more than 10 minutes. Now I’m walking miles with no pain. Taking Tylenol Ex-Strength...
  13. yorkiegs1

    THR Ding ding Round 3

    Hi Lilli215, I slept in the recliner on my back for the first week. I’m 5’6”. I rented a leather lift recliner that went all the way back. I never used the lift part bcuz I wanted to get in out by myself. I liked that it went all the way back. I used a king size flannel sheet over it and had my...
  14. yorkiegs1

    THR pain meds at day 6 post thr

    Hi BK1, By week 2 I stopped taking the ocycodone 2.5 mg and most meds. The first week took it as prescribed. After that I took 2 Tylenol 325 mg for pain as needed mostly AM n PM. Hopes this helps answer your question. Cheers!!
  15. yorkiegs1

    THR pain meds at day 6 post thr

    Hi BK1, It took me allot longer to sleep on my non-op side about 4 weeks using pillow between my legs. I also used a pillow under my legs when sleeping on my back. It took about 6 weeks to sleep on the op side. And I still sleep with a pillow between my legs because I’ve gotten so use to it and...
Back
Top Bottom