Recent content by Yoli

  1. Yoli

    THR Yoli's Hip Recovery Thread

    September 29, 2021 Hello June Sunbeams and All Hipsters, Yesterday was my 3 month anniversary of my THR surgery. I have to say that I am so grateful with the Universe for my recovery. I am walking, driving, swimming, and back to my modified yoga and gym exercises. This coming weekend I will...
  2. Yoli

    THR Beginning 6th week Right THR

    Hi @bebop66, I couldn't agree more about letting your body tell you how much to do, in terms of walking, using the walker and or cane. The first day I ditched the walker and walked on my own all day, I was definitely tired, and experienced some groin pain. But I have kept walking and doing...
  3. Yoli

    THR Yoli's Hip Recovery Thread

    Thank you @Layla, I am happy to report that I almost don't think about my hip anymore. I am walking without the walker, and unless I'm overly tired or I'm sitting for long periods of time, I believe I don't have a limp anymore. Still going to physical therapy once a week and doing the exercises...
  4. Yoli

    THR Finally On The Recovery Side

    Mersada - that is great that you are 4 months out. Congratulations on the promotion. Keep up with your PT - it will pay off at the end.
  5. Yoli

    THR Yoli's Hip Recovery Thread

    Yes @Elf1, I am still keeping the walker next to my bed precisely for those "sleepy" walks to the bathroom. Went to my PT session this morning. Did some work with the elastic band, leg lifts, bridges, and opening hips wide... felt sooo good! No more pain. I'm feeling so blessed, but still...
  6. Yoli

    THR Yoli's Hip Recovery Thread

    July 23, 2021 Staples came out yesterday. Scar is gnarly, but I’d rather have a scar than pain. My doctor observed me walking and says I’m still limping, I tend to lift my right butt cheek. So, I really have to concentrate on walking evenly so as not to develop a permanent limp. He still...
  7. Yoli

    THR Finally On The Recovery Side

    Still not feeling I can do extended walks yet, hip is still stiff and the leg feels slightly longer. Hope both improve. Hi @Mersada, I can relate to the leg feeling longer than the other. My surgeon assured me that the feeling will go away, and that he measured very carefully so that I would...
  8. Yoli

    THR I made it to the post op side (Barby Doll)

    Oh, please be careful! So glad you only got bruised up and that was it.
  9. Yoli

    THR Yoli's Hip Recovery Thread

    June 10, 2021 Today is day 12 after my surgery. I am pain free and off pain meds! So grateful for that. The pain meds were actually making me anxious, nauseous, and dizzy. Also, finally able to sleep on my left side with pillows between my legs so my lower back is grateful as well. Coming home...
  10. Yoli

    THR Yoli's Hip Recovery Thread

    Thanks @Celle Moving slowly but surely. Will read up on the articles.
  11. Yoli

    THR Yoli's Hip Recovery Thread

    Hello June Sunbeams! Today was my first day back home, having been dismissed from the Hospital yesterday. I was feeling pretty good this morning, even managed to shower and get dressed (with help). I was feeling so good that I walked myself to the bathroom, and walked quite a bit with the...
  12. Yoli

    THR Fox's Recovery Thread

    Just got dismissed from the hospital yesterday. I can relate. The best is to stay still and move slowly. Hope your pain diminishes.
  13. Yoli

    THR Yoli's Hip Pre-Op Thread

    Hi Hip friends, My surgery was a success. I did not get general anesthesia, just an epidural. Not allowed to get out of bed today, but they will get me up tomorrow. Now that the anesthesia has worn off I am definitely feeling pain in the leg muscle. So I am asking for pain meds. Hardest thing...
  14. Yoli

    THR Yoli's Hip Pre-Op Thread

    Thanks so much! My surgery actually got postponed for tomorrow, June 28. Checking into the hospital tonight! Never thought I would say I can’t wait for a surgery.
Back
Top Bottom