Recent content by YogaLesley

  1. YogaLesley

    THR One yr post THR with ongoing pain - MRI report included

    Like a fairy godmother, I want to say 'You SHALL ride those 50 miles again, and practise yoga'. And you will! But, as everyone says, I am afraid it really does take time! That said, I was back to teaching my yoga classes 5 months after my second THR. (see my recent post and photo @YogaLesley -...
  2. YogaLesley

    THR Terrible muscle pains

    Hello everyone, sorry it has been so long since I posted. Not sure where the year as gone! As you can see from the photo, my fears that I wouldn't be able to practise yoga after hip replacement were ungrounded! Knees back on the floor and pretty comfortable sitting like this. So don't give up...
  3. YogaLesley

    TKR Pain 12 months after TKR

    @marinemec2004 , I am so sorry to hear about the ongoing pain you are in. Your consultant also suggested nerve pain which I experienced for a long time after my THRs. I was on amitriptyline for quite a while and that does seem to help -it certainly helped me sleep at night. It might be worth...
  4. YogaLesley

    THR Terrible muscle pains

    Hello Everyone, Can't believe it is almost 4 months since I posted. It has been a challenging year healthwise with a bad cough virus and then a cold, and then early in February I tripped on a paving stone and hurt my knee ligament and they thought I had broken my wrist and put it in a cast...
  5. YogaLesley

    THR Terrible muscle pains

    I am sorry I have not posted more. It would have been Michael's birthday last Saturday 17th and I went to the coast in Devon where we used to go often, to scatter his ashes as was his wish. I even waded in! The anniversary of his death has also just passed and I feel a calmness - he is free...
  6. YogaLesley

    THR Terrible muscle pains

    Gosh it's been a long time since I posted! I have been to the Chiropractor (McTimoney style) twice now. Think it may have helped a bit but both hips can still feel very sore - last night (after lifting garden pots - seems to be my downfall!) I felt like I had been kicked on both hips! And...
  7. YogaLesley

    THR New THR and quite upsetting

    Re: "my knee sticks out nearly 2 inches more than the other one" - I had much the same experience with my 2nd , ( left)THR on 16 May 2022, as some on here will remember! I too am in uk and had it done on the NHS. I only saw this surgeon once, never to be seen again! whereas first hip I saw...
  8. YogaLesley

    THR Terrible muscle pains

    I just got back from a week in West Cork, Ireland where I celebrated my birthday with a good friend. I was driving for about 7 hours yesterday (with a couple of stops and ferry back to Wales) and am in a lot of discomfort (hell, pain!!!:thud::groan:) so do take it easy @Snoopy55! I think I am...
  9. YogaLesley

    THR Terrible muscle pains

    After the first op there was a discrepancy of a centimetre for 8 months which I didn't notice at the time but after the second op they felt uneven, although apparently they are now the same! That sensation has worn off now but maybe those months of unevenness have something to do with current pain?
  10. YogaLesley

    THR Terrible muscle pains

    Thanks for comments. Physio tested me and confirmed that it is the SI joint which is causing the problems. She has given me some targeted exercises and I am considering going to a chiropracter. Was out dancing last night and very sore and limping this morning! :nah: My right hip is fine and I...
  11. YogaLesley

    THR Terrible muscle pains

    The last month has been busy in many ways with visits to my sister and to friends and friends here. I have done quite a lot of walking and activity without really planning it and hadn't had a lot of time for the exercises the physio gave me, but generally have felt not too bad. Once I resume...
  12. YogaLesley

    THR Terrible muscle pains

    Feeling very sore tonight after 2 sets of exercises and a bit over 3 mile walk. Don't think I can face another set of exercises. It seems quite demanding!
  13. YogaLesley

    THR Terrible muscle pains

    Thank you Layla. I had my 12 week checkup. All well on x-ray. Orthopedic physio says pain could be a number of things, sacroiliac or because leg was lengthened, but it is all muscle and tissue. They had referred me for ongoing physio nearby and I had my first session today. She was very nice, I...
  14. YogaLesley

    THR Terrible muscle pains

    Doctor said to go back on amitriptyline for the nerve pain. Just started tonight but I know it takes a while to build up.
  15. YogaLesley

    THR Terrible muscle pains

    Now waiting for callback from GP!
Back
Top Bottom