Recent content by Xmasknee56

  1. X

    TKR 13 Months Out and Sore<

    Thank you Josephine. The pain and swelling is very variable I think depending on activity and the shoes I am wearing. I just soldier on and only seem to notice That was a goodish morning. Today is about 5-6 Going to take to paracetamol now. Very stiff and sore. Can only put my trousers on...
  2. X

    TKR 13 Months Out and Sore<

    1. It’s early morning now Today 1-2. Mostly stiff Sunday after farmers market and beach stroll 6700 steps 6-7 evening and next day 2. 1000 mg Paracetamol on going to bed. Have just bought a tens machine 3 slight to moderate 4. ROM 100. When swollen less 0 INTO. Minus left knee. 5. Icing...
  3. X

    TKR 13 Months Out and Sore<

    Thank you Josephine more than willing to answer questions. Kathryn
  4. X

    TKR 13 Months Out and Sore<

    Thank you Jamie and Roy. I really want to be doing the walk on the beach and the farmers market and outings with grandchildren. It is a long and frustrating journey. More ice and rest for me Kind regards Kathryn
  5. X

    TKR 13 Months Out and Sore<

    Hi all, I am now 13 months post left tkr and 7 months right tkr. I am back doing daily housework etc and part time work. Most evenings I’m still very sore and have some swelling. I take 1000mg of paracetamol at night to sleep. I am very stiff and sore in the morning. I have used my Fitbit for...
  6. X

    TKR Please provide perspective<

    I’m dealing with insomnia at the moment. It’s a hangover from the tkr and oxycodone that mucks up our sleep rhythm and patterns. Our Dopamine has been inhibited. From what I’ve read this kind of insomnia not uncommon. It is not easily treated and requires a kind of brain healing in some of us...
  7. X

    TKR Indieknee trying to recover

    That’s progress. There comes a time when cold hurts a bit. Cool is ok and sometimes the princesses like warmth. Then sometimes I have electric warming pad on one and cold pack on the other. I know who is in charge. Kathryn
  8. X

    TKR Recovery Questions

    It’s important to have a place to hang it all out with people who understand. Actually more than understand we have experienced it. Some more than once. Some with big complications. It really is the long haul for most. And you are doing very well. Working is tough. There seem to be physical and...
  9. X

    TKR Indieknee trying to recover

    Hello Indie, Good news to hear there is no infection there. You really are having a struggle with this painful knee. It’s a tricky thing this that can push us to our limits. For some it’s an endurance test. I’m hoping the icing and gabapentin really help you in the coming days. I have the...
  10. X

    TKR 1 week on and need help

    Don’t be in a hurry to ditch the walker. I loved the stability it offered and I could carry things like a cup of tea and chocolate biscuits to my chair. Ice. Elevate. Eat and rest. Best thing to do right now. Feet up. New knees don’t like to be sitting up for long at all. It hurts to be on that...
  11. X

    TKR Feeling confused and scared^

    Yes Barbie, post my first I had about a half inch discrepancy in leg length. All good now both are done and straight. I would only notice at time. Sometime I still felt a bit rocky as I walked and sometimes it felt ‘right’ when I had one foot on tile and one on carpet. It will get better for...
  12. X

    TKR Feeling confused and scared^

    Hello. I had my second tkr on July 2nd. Yep. Still tight. Still sore at times. Still taking pain meds. Still icing resting and elevating. It’s a year long journey and you/we are doing very well. This is major surgery and every person and every knee does it differently. Keep up with your pain...
  13. X

    MUA Struggling to Recover^

    I agree totally. Rest and heal and recover. My OS said that range of motion improves for 2 years. Take good care of you. Be gentle. There is a lot to read about progress and rest on bonesmart. Best wishes, Kathryn
  14. X

    MUA You have been a great inspiration and guidance

    The other (old) knee is working very hard for you now. Think about how much leading and lifting you are doing with her. I noticed mine actually got stronger in the time waiting the six months between replacements. Actually she needed extra care, like warmth and medicines. I used to have warm...
  15. X

    TKR Desperate for recovery advice<

    Hello. I saw my OS yesterday and he said the clunking in the knee is nothing to worry about. He could make it happen by wiggling my leg in a certain direction. He said it is about the ligaments at the side that will get better and if it doesn’t go away I will become less conscious of it...
Back
Top Bottom