Recent content by Wozzie800m

  1. Wozzie800m

    THR Wozzie's Hip Upgrade

    I'm driving, but carefully and only for essentials. But to clarify this - I live in a small regional town, so I'm not driving in congested traffic, or peak hour - my trips only take about 5 minutes to get across town. Physio sessions are going well, and my stamina is slowly returning. I should...
  2. Wozzie800m

    THR Wozzie's Hip Upgrade

    Next question, folks. I live in Australia and drive an automatic sedan. My op was on my left hip, so if I were to drive then I would be resting this leg and not using it to brake with etc. Do I really have to wait 6 weeks before I can drive? If I drive after 4 weeks do I need a doctors letter...
  3. Wozzie800m

    THR Wozzie's Hip Upgrade

    Hi everyone, I had my left hip replacement on 13/1/17 and on the whole I feel fantastic. The nurses didn't believe me when I kept rating my pain level at '0', so in the end I ramped it up to a '1' - but seriously the most pain I've had was yesterday getting my staples removed, and even then only...
  4. Wozzie800m

    How do you handle shower/bath post op?

    Has anyone just jumped in the shower and not used a seat? I do have one, but was kind of hoping that a stand up shower was possible. Is it really too exhausting? I don't have anything to grip onto, but my floor tiles aren't slippery so was hoping I'd be OK.....
  5. Wozzie800m

    MSSA found on pre op nasal swab.

    My nasal swab also showed staph, and I've started on the nasal cream. My THR is on the 13th, and I've been given an antibacterial body wash for a shower the night before and on the surgery morning.
  6. Wozzie800m

    THR coming up too fast

    I have a 62 year old friend who had his op last March. He's been a fit and active farmer al his life, although the family now live in town and he works for a disability group. His main priorities were to get fit enough to go skiing and horse riding. He was able to go skiing in our winter - July-...
  7. Wozzie800m

    Will lymphoedema be a problem?

    Thanks Jamie, I'm a public patient and so not sure how much my surgeon knows of my history. I have told nursing staff at pre admission clinic, so it is documented and I did go to my GP and asked him about it, especially since erisypelas is a staph infection and my nose swab came back +ve for...
  8. Wozzie800m

    Will lymphoedema be a problem?

    Hi there :) Just looking at possible problems and complications. I'm having a LTHR on the 13th January, but am wondering about the 'history' of my leg and if I can improve my outcomes. Many years ago I ended up in hospital for a week with blood poisoning and erysipelas, which resulted in...
  9. Wozzie800m

    Wozzie's Journey

    Thanks ladies, good to hear that a recliner is the way to go - I'm sure I'll make the most of it :) Do you have any advice for someone who has lymphoedema in their leg - the same side as their surgery? Will that increase my likelihood of swelling? Anything I should be doing pre-op to help...
  10. Wozzie800m

    Wozzie's Journey

    Hi there. I'm having my hip replacement on 13th January - slap bang in the middle of summer:) Have heard lots of good reports about this type of surgery, and will be following the recovery advice from this forum pretty closely. Just wondering, is it OK to sit in a recliner chair post...
  11. Wozzie800m

    2017 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

    Hi there. I'm having my hip replacement on 13th January. Looking forward to it, but a little hesitant as well. Do you have any advice for someone who has lymphoedema in their leg on the same side as their surgery? Will that increase my likelihood of swelling? Anything I should be doing pre-op to...
Back
Top Bottom