Recent content by woodsidequeen

  1. woodsidequeen

    Revision TKR Unbearable Pain 24 hours after

    Developing a pain in my hip (where thigh crease meets hip). Seems it comes after walking. Could my gait be off?
  2. woodsidequeen

    Revision TKR Unbearable Pain 24 hours after

    OS called me back. Said to up Oxy for today and add 1 more Meloxicam. Elevate leg stay in bed today. I have Some relief. I am icing frequently. Need sleep. Oxy makes me tired but pain keeps me awake. pT coming now. I won’t do anything
  3. woodsidequeen

    Revision TKR Unbearable Pain 24 hours after

    Had revision yesterday. OS said it was not debris from the poly spacer that was causing the swelling and stiffness as observed on MRI. It was cement debris from the femur component. Put in new femur component as well as new spacer. Femur component has longer rod. And the cement is new...
  4. woodsidequeen

    Revision TKR Anxious about Revision surgery January 20

    Original TKR Nov 2015. For the past 6 months have had swelling and fluid buildup. Original surgeon ordered MRI which showed poly wear from the polyethylene spacer. Small particles released. Said this happens infrequently only about 2%. I’m one of the lucky 2%. Surgery on January 20 to...
  5. woodsidequeen

    Revision TKR Anxious about Revision surgery January 20

    I am 6 years our of TKR. This Thursday I am having a revision. Since August I’ve had swelling and fluid. MRI in November showed polyethylene particles from the poly spacer. Also scar tissue buildup. This Thursday having a poly replacement. Has anyone had this done?
  6. woodsidequeen

    TKR Polyethylene Disease

    Thank you for your reply. I see you have had 4 right TKR revisions - 2 after the spacer replacement. Can you tell me what those were for?
  7. woodsidequeen

    TKR Polyethylene Disease

    I am 6 years out from TKR. Having pain and swelling. MRI showed poly spacer wear particles. Surgeon wants to do a poly exchange. Implant is secure and not loose. Everything I read says this procedure is very unsuccessful and should be replacing all components. Surgeon also says recovery is...
  8. woodsidequeen

    TKR Three weeks post op, so glad I found this forum

    I am 6 years out from TKR. Having pain and swelling. MRI showed poly spacer wear particles. Surgeon wants to do a poly exchange. Implant is secure and not loose. Everything I read says this procedure is very unsuccessful and should be replacing all components. Surgeon also says recovery is...
  9. woodsidequeen

    TKR Three weeks post op, so glad I found this forum

    I am 12 weeks out - 3 month mark. My observations: I no longer have pain. I would say that my complaint is stiffness. I am mostly fine during the day, but in sleeping, I wake after 4 or 5 hours of sleep (which is great) because of the stiffness. If I lay on my stomach and bend my leg back...
  10. woodsidequeen

    TKR Three weeks post op, so glad I found this forum

    I actually was intending to take aqua therapy at my local YMCA but I need to get my OS ok.
  11. woodsidequeen

    TKR Three weeks post op, so glad I found this forum

    11 weeks out. I am healed from that aggressive PT. I am taking the recommended Bonesmart combo of Tylenol and Advil, however I am not getting much pain relief even with the 4000mg of Tylenol. I am off of opiods because I take meds for Restless Leg. Is there a OTC replacement for Tylenol?
  12. woodsidequeen

    TKR Jojo9610's recovery thread

    So sorry for your losses - it must be so sorrowful. Good luck with your PT. We had our TKR the same day and I too have experienced 3 separate incidents where the PT actually injured me and each time it took 10 days to heal. I have now suspended PT until I go back to OS on Feb 17th. I...
  13. woodsidequeen

    TKR Three weeks post op, so glad I found this forum

    It has been a week since my physical therapist pulled up my patela during massage. I am limping and in pain. Sleep has been so restless. I am 10 weeks out from surgery. I felt better at 4 weeks than I do now at 10 weeks. I am getting discouraged and depressed. Once again therapist injury is...
  14. woodsidequeen

    TKR Three weeks post op, so glad I found this forum

    @Josephine , is it possible for a therapist to push a patela out of place with aggressive manipulation and massage?
  15. woodsidequeen

    TKR Three weeks post op, so glad I found this forum

    Today had the same pain as yesterday, could barely walk. I think all of yo u in the UK have the right idea - no physical therapy seems to be a better option. I had to take a Percocet at noon and lay down. The pain was like the day after the surgery! I am cancelling my PT going forward. I...
Back
Top Bottom