Recent content by wireguy

  1. W

    THR done

    pre-op for the right hip next week.
  2. W

    THR done

    Time for the right hip now. Don't fancy it much but it's got a lot worse since I had the left done so it's off to the docs in the next couple of days and hopefully a fast referral to the surgeons. regards Mick
  3. W

    THR done

    7 months now and apart from a twinge in the joint when I twist it the wrong way all is well.Might be time to look at the other one regards Mick
  4. W

    THR done

    4 weeks today and all looking good despite falling a couple of days ago due to some dodgy chair raisers. No crutches inside and 1 outside just in case. All bruising gone and wound healed . Sleeping on non operated side without pillows and had 10 minutes on the exercise bike today. The wound is a...
  5. W

    THR done

    staples removed this morning, no problem and the wound is nice and clean.I still have the cold but it is nowhere near as bad, I was having to wrap my arms around my chest to stop my ribs moving when I coughed.All in the past now though and apart from an ache at the wound site things seem to be...
  6. W

    THR done

    7 days now. Just managed 2 1/2 hours sleep sat up in bed and that's the longest so far. I 've got a cold and a nasty cough so everytime I lie down I start hacking. It will pass and I can continue with my recovery unless the wife comes back with something else from the virus store.
  7. W

    THR done

    Just had a go at laying on my right side. At first it's great but after a few minutes I get a bit of a twinge in the instep of my operated leg which develops into a sort of stretching pain all down the leg so I could only manage 15 minutes.Better than yesterday though. My butt looks and feels...
  8. W

    THR done

    Big trouble sleeping on my back, I just don't get sleepy and have to get up. I fancy trying to sleep on my unoperated side ( 4 days into recovery ) but I'm very wary of dislocation so I haven't tried it yet. Anyone got any tips for sleeping on my right side after 4 days ?
  9. W

    THR done

    In on the 17th 06.30, out today 18th at 1500 with a brand new left hip in titanium and plastic, so now I have scrap value.Hurting a bit now, a lot more than this morning but hey ho the recovery starts here. Mick
  10. W

    2018 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

    I was originally booked for 15th Dec but had to cancel due to having a cold . Rescheduled for tomorrow 17th Jan at 08.30. Mick
  11. W

    2017 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?

    Dec 15th left hip replacement for me.
Back
Top Bottom