Recent content by Windyone555

  1. Windyone555

    TKR My Knee Replacement - Is My Progress Normal

    Day 5 of my second TKR. In some ways it is less painful, in others it hurts more. My right knee is NOT happy with being asked to bear my weight when I stand. of course carrying 100 extra pounds is not helping me at all, either. Just checking in to say hello and see how yall are doing !:loveshwr:
  2. Windyone555

    TKR My Knee Replacement - Is My Progress Normal

    At 12 weeks on Monday, I am supposed to go back to work for eight hours a day. I gave it a trial run on Friday, and lasted five hours before the pain caused me to go home to elevate and ice. I am frustrated that I am still having as much pain as I am, I have to take my Tramadol timely every day...
  3. Windyone555

    TKR My Knee Replacement - Is My Progress Normal

    OK, thank you! :-) sorry i wasnt aware of that...:loveshwr:
  4. Windyone555

    TKR My Knee Replacement - Is My Progress Normal

    Hi everyone, I am now at almost 9 weeks out from my TKR. I have found a wonderful PT who works with me one on one, and the cellulitis is gone. I am just concerned with the fact that I cannot get to more than 10 degrees from straight. No matter how we work on it, my knee will not go straight. My...
  5. Windyone555

    TKR My Knee Replacement - Is My Progress Normal

    Thank you, Thesoutherncook!! I get a little anxious but both my PT and you encouraged me. Still having a significant amount of pain at night, so still taking my stronger pain meds so I can sleep. I also sleep with my polar ice wrap as my leg gets very hot at night. Graduated to walking with just...
  6. Windyone555

    TKR My Knee Replacement - Is My Progress Normal

    Thank you, I talked to my PT about it today, and he said I was doing great. I guess I just get worried. All is well! onward and upward! :heehee:
  7. Windyone555

    TKR My Knee Replacement - Is My Progress Normal

    I have a question.... I am now at almost 5 weeks out from my TKR... I have acheived 95 degrees bend and am 9 degrees short of full straightening. Is this a normal progress? my knee seems very hard and swollen still, I am worried about scar tissue... any ideas? My new PT is wonderful, he pushes...
  8. Windyone555

    TKR My Knee Replacement - Is My Progress Normal

    Well, my wonderful new PT raised a bit of an alarm today, he didnt like the extreme redness in my knee and shin, so he directed me to check in with my doctor. Doctor said it is cellulitis, and has me on Keflex 500 mg x 3 times a day for two weeks... :-( cha cha, two steps forward, one step back....
  9. Windyone555

    TKR My Knee Replacement - Is My Progress Normal

    Oh the joy of finding a PT that is working with me, and helping me, gently encouraging me to bend and straighten.. After just two sessions with him, and home PT, I am at 91 degrees bend and a minus 12 from straight. I couldn't be happier! I look forward to my PT sessions because I know I am...
  10. Windyone555

    TKR My Knee Replacement - Is My Progress Normal

    Thank you again for all your support and encouragement. I have been doing my home exercises each day, and yesterday had my followup visit with my doctor. He was pleased with my progress, and I have an appointment on Friday to begin working with another Physical Therapy facility. Hopefully I can...
  11. Windyone555

    TKR My Knee Replacement - Is My Progress Normal

    Thank you for your support and encouragement. I am looking forward to learning from you all and hopefully contributing to someone else's recovery in the future. I just needed a little affirmation to trust my gut and my instincts. Not the first time the medical profession has ignored ME, the...
  12. Windyone555

    TKR My Knee Replacement - Is My Progress Normal

    Hello everyone. I finally took to the search engines in desperation after ditching my PT on Friday. I had my right knee Total Replacement done on Monday, Nov 16th. I had a great deal of pain afterwards, and yet while still in the hospital for 3 days, the PT there had me up and walking around the...
Back
Top Bottom