Recent content by wildsong

  1. wildsong

    THR Home with my new hip!

    I guess I saw this as more of a question rather than part of my recovery. I didn't think anyone would see it in the recovery thread. How or where am I supposed to ask a question?
  2. wildsong

    THR Home with my new hip!

    Those of you that had a pronounced limp before surgery, Did your limp TOTALLY go away after THR ? If so, how long before you noticed that you were limp-free? I'm six weeks out and still have the cane, but even with the cane, I still see that I have the same limp (definate hitch from the hip...
  3. wildsong

    THR Home with my new hip!

    Back to work, Day one was long and I was ready to go home about 6 hours in, but had no way to get home, can't drive yet, LOL! Day two, I really was fatigued and my thigh was just achy all morning, so I went home after a half day, got a ride this time!
  4. wildsong

    THR Home with my new hip!

    Yes, Going back this Wed 2/27. (at 5 weeks) I work in an office so I should be able to sit, adjust my chair as needed and take breaks. I just went to a retreat with my chorus this weekend (I sing with the Sweet Adelines) and it was a good trial run to see what I can tolerate. I did pretty good...
  5. wildsong

    THR Home with my new hip!

    PT today! I get to start using the cane! OMG it felt so much better using the cane vs the walker!
  6. wildsong

    THR Home with my new hip!

    Well, I've tried sleeping on my side, but I seem to be achy when i wake up and can't do it for long stretches. At least I can switch back & forth between that & my back. I have one more week off, then i will be going back to work. Mostly no pain unless I overdo things, or the occasional bone...
  7. wildsong

    THR Home with my new hip!

    Yippee! I get to try and sleep on my side tonight. Got my big pillows ready for between my knees. I had PT today and am progressing along and will start working on walking with the cane next week. But I want to DRIVE!!!
  8. wildsong

    THR Sleeping questions

    I, like Elosarabrab, am also sleeping propped up with an armrest pillow. Fortunately, I have not had problems sleeping. I was done with pain pills at about 10 days out, just tylenol now when needed. But I want to sleep on my SIDE! I asked about it but was just told, "not yet". I see the PT Wed...
  9. wildsong

    Got my cortisone injection today

    Those shots bought me a year of no pain. I had three and they each lasted about 4 months. They did it under the live xray guidance and I have more pain having blood drawn than those injections. I had my last injection the end of October and my THR was Jan 22nd.
  10. wildsong

    Let the walker decorating contest begin!

    I've thought about decorating mine too. Waiting to see pics of yours!
  11. wildsong

    Why wait 3 months after hip steroid shot before THA?

    I had my last shot in my hip at the end of October, I had my THR Jan 22nd. That wasn't quite 3 months out. ( I am feeling fine!) I had asked my doctor that too, since I had heard the same. He said there was no problem with it. He had even suggested trying one more shot before surgery and giving...
  12. wildsong

    Pain is becoming almost unbearable

    I was at the point of almost constant pain and needing a cane to walk anywhere. I am 2 weeks out from my THR and I am in less pain now and more mobile than I have been for the past few months. Even while in the hospital, I don't think my pain was much over a "4" compared to trying to hobble...
  13. wildsong

    THR Home with my new hip!

    Had Pt today and even though I overdid yesterday (i didn't do anything I shouldn't have, just a little more of what I can do), It wasn't TOO bad today. I did feel it though. He added a couple more excersizes and said I was moving pretty good for 2 weeks out. I have been doing my excersizes...
  14. wildsong

    THR Home with my new hip!

    whoo hoo, got my staples out today! Then went to dinner with hubby and then he took my to my chorus rehearsal. First day out since surgery. It was great, but I think I may have overdone things a little, just took a pain pill. Oh, and I have PT therapy appt tomorrow, oh-oh...
  15. wildsong

    THR Home with my new hip!

    I'm starting to feel really good and now the cabin fever, boredom, depression is starting to kick in. I know I am not ready to work or drive yet, but I am so tired of these four walls! oh, and may I mention that I HATE these TED thigh highs!!!
Back
Top Bottom