Recent content by wiggle

  1. W

    THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

    I have been using a king size pillow between my knees and another to prop my back up. Still feel tightness in hip which wakes me up and is uncomfortable enough to keep me from falling back to sleep.
  2. W

    THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

    Good morning everyone. I’m now 3 weeks and 2 days post surgery. I slept in bed last night but wasn’t very comfortable. The recliner puts less pressure on my hip incision but sleep is also intermittent. I am wondering if others are still in a recliner at this point or is trying to sleep in bed a...
  3. W

    THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

    @Doglover7 How long did u stay on Tylenol 3x per day?
  4. W

    THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

    Thank you. I was just there on Thursday for a follow-up. We did discuss how to wean off Oxy. They didn’t want me taking Tramadol while ion Oxy. They said 3000 mg acetaminophen per day for pain was fine. I may call to discuss taking Tramadol short term.
  5. W

    THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

    Thought it might be a little better than Tylenol.
  6. W

    THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

    I have Tramadol. Does it contain acetaminophen?
  7. W

    THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

    I feel very restless in the afternoons. Is it due to the low grade pain and my inability to get comfortable. I can’t seem to settle down. Oxy relaxes me but nothing else does. I get up abs walk often but would like to rest abs relax rather than feel restless!
  8. W

    THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

    Thanks Mojo. Did you take Tylenol during the day?
  9. W

    THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

    There is no acetaminophen in my Oxy. Should one be weaning off Oxy. by day 18? 1000mg of acetaminophen seems too strong for my body but 500 mg. doesn’t provide much pain relief. I have regular strength Tylenol here, which the dosage is 2/325 mg. for adults, which I also tried yesterday and...
  10. W

    THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

    I took 2/500 mg acetaminophen at 11:45 and 2 more 6 hrs. later. I got diarrhea and got extremely sleepy. The bottle says 6 tabs in 24 hrs. is Ok. Maybe 2/500 mg’s is too strong? Anyway I wanted to stay off Oxy but I don’t want to take any more acetaminophen tonight so I’m going to take 1/ 5 mg...
  11. W

    THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

    I’ll try 4000 and reduce to 3000 after a week. I don’t like Oxy. Dr. said I could take 3000 with Oxy so 4000 w/o Oxy. should b ok short term.
  12. W

    THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

    Is it Ok to take 4000 mg of acetaminophen. I noticed on the bottle it says 3000 is the daily limit but I printed off a regimen from this website that says the upper limit is 4000 mg per day. I’d like to wean off Oxy by using acetaminophen but wonder if 3000 mg will be enough for a week or two?
  13. W

    THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

    Oxy withdrawal. I saw PA at the surgeon’s office yesterday. I have been feeling restless trying to decrease Oxy. They said to only decrease doseage in two hour increments; I.e. 6 hrs. down to 8 hrs., to 10, 12, etc. Any idea how many days I need to remain at each level. I am restless and not...
  14. W

    THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

    Good morning. I wasn’t able to find my thread so if I’m posting in the wrong place, moderator please move my post. Thanks so much. I have a couple of questions. I am now 2 weeks out from anterior, RTHR. First one was done 18 mos. ago. 1). My surgeon gave me Oxycodone (5 mg) every 4 hrs. and...
  15. W

    THR Wiggle’s post-op hip surgery journey

    @CoffeandCrafts Which one do you have?
Back
Top Bottom