Recent content by whyme

  1. whyme

    Rt Shoulder Replacement ... can you believe it!!

    had mine on Aug 25, rear shoulder. Went in Friday and left Saturday. No real problems with surgery and recovery was fairly easy. My only gripe was having to sleep in a sofa. I'm out of the sling and am driving (oh so happy about it.) Any questions feel free to send a tell.
  2. whyme

    THR stiffness

    had mine July 2014, the swelling went away about a month after. Still having some swelling but I think its due to the fact that I am transitioning from cane to foot only. BTW, the swelling is not as bad as the month after the operation. It will all get better in due time and most of all, keep...
  3. whyme

    THR One year post op and still not great

    Greetings, had my lthr in July 28, 2014. My swelling went away in about a month but I do notice in coming back every now and then. I am having a swelling issue now and I think its due to my transitioning from cane to walking. In my opinion and in my case, I think the swelling is just my body...
  4. whyme

    THR 3 weeks after THR (july 28, 14)

    Hi Jaycey, I was bone on bone also and I agree some exercise can be near impossible but it would have done me a lot of good to start early strengthening my body and I still would advise to do any exercise that would help strengthen in the long run. perhaps I should have put in a caveat or link...
  5. whyme

    THR 3 weeks after THR (july 28, 14)

    Greetings everybody, its been about 6 months since my left THR and I thought I give you a heads up as to what is going on. I'm starting to transition from cane to normal walking (as normal as it could be with a gimp ). walking to and from kitchen and bathroom and the rest with a cane. If my...
  6. whyme

    THR 3 weeks after THR (july 28, 14)

    Hi everybody, just a quick update on my LHR, its been 2 months since surgery. So far everything is working out well. Still sleeping on my back (Nurse said I could sleep on stomach with pillow but so of afraid to. I decided to wait another month or 2) getting a good Solid 5-6 hours sleep so I'm...
  7. whyme

    THR 3 weeks after THR (july 28, 14)

    Sept 3, pt 2 bad things legs are still swelling, laying on my back but I found the sweet spot so I been getting some decent hours. sore muscles, some haven't worked for a while. having to rely on my walker, leg isn't strong enough to be on a cane. even thought i tried twice. it will be soon.
  8. whyme

    THR 3 weeks after THR (july 28, 14)

    Sept 3 well, its been 5 weeks (Jul 28, 2014) since the operation (THR) and its been about a week since I last jotted sown some notes on my recovery. Good things walking is getting better but still have an issue with raising my hip so I'm gimping still. can stand and make coffee and breakfast...
  9. whyme

    THR 3 weeks after THR (july 28, 14)

    @HerbM, tried to go to sleep last night w/o any meds. That was a mistake. I tossed and turned for couple hours to get into "that comfortable position" but couldn't. Took a oxy and finally got to sleep around 330am. HerbM, you were right. I did notice 2 odd pains Lvl 1-2. First one was a...
  10. whyme

    THR 3 weeks after THR (july 28, 14)

    @HerbM, you and I are on the same page.
  11. whyme

    THR 3 weeks after THR (july 28, 14)

    @HerbM, regarding meds, I having been forgetting my meds so I agree that if you forget you meds you probably don't need them. If I needed the meds, I would probably be watching the clock as to when I could take another. Another sign for me is when I grab a tylenol because a oxy/hydro would be...
  12. whyme

    THR 3 weeks after THR (july 28, 14)

    @Jaycey regarding meds, I having been forgetting my meds so I agree that if you forget you meds you probably don't need them. If I needed the meds, I would probably be watching the clock as to when I could take another. Another sign for me is when I grab a tylenol because a oxy/hydro would be...
  13. whyme

    THR 3 weeks after THR (july 28, 14)

    @HerbM, Wife is a peds rehab doc so I'm comfortable in taking her advice and she thinks it more a muscle ache than anything else. As to a lvl 2 pain. Its not a constant just when I walk or exercise. Dealt with bone on bone for a while so this is a cake walk for me. No. I'm planning on driving...
  14. whyme

    THR 3 weeks after THR (july 28, 14)

    Well, folks, Its been 1 month since my LTHR and I thought I bore y'all with my journey to wellness. The pain is 99.8 percent gone but occasionally I get a soreness? dull ache? in my lower butt area where I imagine my implant is. My main pain complaint is in my groin/upper thigh area when I...
  15. whyme

    THR 3 weeks after THR (july 28, 14)

    @PuppyLove, nope, no PT. just some home exercises. I do have a wife who is a rehab doc. so she gives me tips on how to walk.
Back
Top Bottom