Recent content by Whoodee

  1. Whoodee

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Potential Shoulder Replacement Candidate

    I finally have a date for my shoulder surgery, September 15. It will have been three weeks since I fell and fractured it. I am so ready for it and start the recovery process.
  2. Whoodee

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Potential Shoulder Replacement Candidate

    Hi Layla, Thank you for remembering me and your kind words of encouragement. They mean a lot! I hope you are doing well.
  3. Whoodee

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Potential Shoulder Replacement Candidate

    I’m so glad to have found these posts. I fell a week ago and had to go to the ER. Unfortunately, my right shoulder is quite displaced. Am waiting to see ortho as to exact plan. I’m currently in sling. This site has been so helpful in the past when I had both knees replaced. I’m worried...
  4. Whoodee

    TKR Abdominal muscle pain

    One year anniversary today from having left TKR and couldn‘t be happier! So very thankful for a complete success.
  5. Whoodee

    TKR Abdominal muscle pain

    Haven‘t posted anything in quite a while and I’m not sure if I’m doing this in the correct area, but I just wanted to say that this time last year I was in so much pain and discomfort with both knees needing to be replaced and apprehensive about my approaching right TKR, but now almost a year...
  6. Whoodee

    TKR Abdominal muscle pain

    Yes, JusticeRider. That’s kind of what it feels like. I’m glad I’m no alone in this. Makes me feel better.
  7. Whoodee

    TKR Abdominal muscle pain

    Thank you. That is encouraging!
  8. Whoodee

    TKR Abdominal muscle pain

    Haven’t posted anything for a while but I have a question. Is it normal to have zingers in your knee at post op of nearly ten months? I don’t recall having them before and they just started up this morning. Just feels like little electric tingles every now and then. My knee has been fine and...
  9. Whoodee

    TKR My solo odyssey to recovery

    This is interesting. I was told to take four amoxicillin pills one hour before any dental work. I go tomorrow morning for a crown and I’m nervous. Having both knees replaced in a span of about four months meant no dental work three months before and three months after each one, so it’s been a...
  10. Whoodee

    TKR Abdominal muscle pain

    Had visit with ortho today on right TKR after three months. Gave me an excellent report and I don’t see him for nine months. Now I can make dental appointment. Way overdue.
  11. Whoodee

    TKR Abdominal muscle pain

    Thank you Layla. Yes, it seems a bit better now. By the way, I am at my three month anniversary from my last TKR. It was February 27. I appreciate you thinking of me. Happy Memorial Day!
  12. Whoodee

    TKR Abdominal muscle pain

    Just wondered if it is normal to feel upper thigh discomfort, not really pain, and also some discomfort in upper right buttock. Not quite three months out with right TKR and have increased exercise and activity level and wondered if this could be the cause. Knee still swells some and I...
  13. Whoodee

    TKR 7weeks post op

    @Soreone, I found my second one a bit better than the first as I knew what to expect and in fact, did just fine and am so glad to have two new knees.
  14. Whoodee

    TKR Abdominal muscle pain

    Just got back from my seven week check up on right knee. P A was amazed at how well my knee has done and was impressed I’d done it on my own, not going to out patient pt. He thought my knee perfect but cautioned me it is still healing and not to overdo it. He also mentioned about being...
  15. Whoodee

    TKR Abdominal muscle pain

    Thank you Layla. I will work on this.
Back
Top Bottom