Recent content by WendyP648

  1. WendyP648

    TKR Still using walker

    I'm happy to report back that I went to PT today and talked with the therapist. He was very attentive and caring. When I told him I thought it was from his pushing down on my knee - he immediately said "we won't do that anymore!" Today he did mostly soft tissue massage and only one simple...
  2. WendyP648

    TKR Still using walker

    Hi everyone! So I was at PT yesterday. I'm still having such a hard time (I didn't expect to be healed at this point, but didn't expect to be having such a hard time). I'd actually thought I'd been doing better the couple weeks. I'd begun to hold my leg straight instead of out to the side when...
  3. WendyP648

    TKR Still using walker

    Hi everyone, I had my TKR on August 9. I'm still using my walker. I've tried the cane, but it isn't successful. Has anyone else still been using their walker 5.5 weeks after surgery? It's getting discouraging. Thank you.
  4. WendyP648

    THR Four months out and pain in specific area

    Thank you so much! I appreciate your help.
  5. WendyP648

    THR Four months out and pain in specific area

    L1F, W.Thank you Josephine!!
  6. WendyP648

    THR Four months out and pain in specific area

    Hi everyone, I had my second THR on May 18. I'm having pain in a specific area, and wonder if anyone else has experienced this. I've attached a photo and marked the area with 2 coins. This didn't happen with my first. Thank you!
  7. WendyP648

    THR Equipped with my new hip!

    After I last posted, things got dark. I felt so depressed and not much good for much - other than a drain on my husband. I do suffer from depression, anxiety and PTSD, so I somehow thought I could miss that part of the recovery since I've "been there and done that". I did a lot of crying and...
  8. WendyP648

    THR Equipped with my new hip!

    Just an update on my end. Five days out, I'm feeling mostly just energized and a general sense of it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. Yesterday I even thought the gall bladder removal might be a worse sugery than this one. Don't get me wrong, I'm not planning date night or anything - I'm just...
  9. WendyP648

    THR Done, Dusted & Determined!

    Go Nana, go!! I'm still over here rooting for you!!!
  10. WendyP648

    THR Equipped with my new hip!

    Thanks for the love everyone and thanks for checking in this morning, @Cynthia777. Here's my story while it's still kind of in my still slightly foggy mind. We arrived at 10:15 as requested. Nothing happpened until almost 2pm. And the nice volunteers in the surgery waiting room were baking fresh...
  11. WendyP648

    THR Done, Dusted & Determined!

    I am so glad to read about your experiences and that we've arrrived here on the other side! Glad to be here with you. I hope today is gentle with us.
  12. WendyP648

    THR Equipped with my new hip!

    24 hours ago, I was in pre-op. Now I'm packing my bag and getting my discharge papers. I can't get my head around what a day it's been, but I am not complaining. Feelings of gratitude for sure.
  13. WendyP648

    THR Equipped with my new hip!

    All is okay Done and resting. More later friends. *who by by has the pizza delivery number?!
  14. WendyP648

    THR Done, Dusted & Determined!

    I've had you in my thoughts today. I hope you are doing okay and that we see you soon!
Back
Top Bottom