Recent content by Weezy

  1. Weezy

    Has anyone ever heard of a bone chip GROWING?

    Thanks scaredinCA....do you know if it was arthroscopic surgery? I just dread the thought of more surgery and yet another recovery period!
  2. Weezy

    Has anyone ever heard of a bone chip GROWING?

    Hi everyone...I haven't been here for quite a while because all four of my new joints have been great! BUT... A couple of weeks ago my R knee started to hurt behind the knee joint. At first it seemed to respond to anti-inflammatories and icing, but it gradually grew worse. Went to the doc...
  3. Weezy

    Bilateral THR Weezy is woozy and back home

    Words of wisdom, Mary Beth! I think that's the most any of us can do--figure out what works best and then go with it. Hmmm...I'd forgotten but I still have some Vicodin hanging around from my June surgery. Maybe I'll try that at least during the day. I'm always reluctant to take pain pills...
  4. Weezy

    Bilateral THR Weezy is woozy and back home

    Aspirin sounds like a good idea, but it does nothing for me...just like Tylenol. Another bummer! My body does seem to be very resistent to the milder analgesics available OTC and I HATE narcotic drugs. So I'm pretty much stuck with just the diclofenac for now and I'm counting the days until I...
  5. Weezy

    Bilateral THR Weezy is woozy and back home

    Thanks Jaycey! You're so right about the energy drain...which of course is the hardest part for someone who has no patience! lol.... and I have made of point of not scheduling much of anything this coming week so that I don't overdo again. You'd think I'd have a bit more patience after all of...
  6. Weezy

    Trying to help my dad with THR decision

    Hi and welcome! The info about experienced surgeons is really the most important. I would not have wanted to be in the learning curve for my surgeon. I had bilateral anterior THRs on October 16. Even with having both hips replaced, my recovery has been incredibly smooth and easy. However...
  7. Weezy

    Am I The Only One?

    I know that US hospitals also have to report infection rates and that information is usually available to prospective patients. Individual doctors also should have information on the infection rates for their own patients. Weezy
  8. Weezy

    Total Hip Replacement

    Isn't it great that Santa now delivers hips to hospitals??? Welcome to BoneSmart and congratulations on your upcoming new hip. You'll love the pain relief and recovery will most likely be easier than living with the pain you've had recently. And the nice thing about recovery is that you KNOW...
  9. Weezy

    Bilateral THR Weezy is woozy and back home

    Hey Cardie! Costco man is so busy playing out in his newly remodeled/heated garage that I hardly even see him these days... It's his playroom now and he loves puttering out there. However, he did say he was going to cook up something good for dinner today. :) I wish Tylenol worked for me...
  10. Weezy

    Bilateral THR Weezy is woozy and back home

    We're just the opposite on sleeves! I hate knitting them but don't mind sewing them up or setting them in. I guess I get tired of knitting them about at the cap level because it's the last part to knit and I have a short attention span...I'm starting to get bored with the sweater by then...
  11. Weezy

    Bilateral THR Weezy is woozy and back home

    Thanks for saying I'm not a whiner, Beth....I have to admit that I sometimes feel guilty because this recovery is going SOOOO well and that no matter what, I shouldn't complain at all. The fact that only swelling/some pain and tiredness are my only symptoms at 8 weeks just blows me away. Yay...
  12. Weezy

    Bilateral THR Weezy is woozy and back home

    Ah the ups and downs of recovery..... whatta pain! I way over-planned this week, especially since I've been cleaning without really noticing it. :umm: I'm really not quite sure how that happens! Good question, Dede! So doc appointment on Monday (cancer surgery follow up and all is...
  13. Weezy

    Bilateral THR Weezy is woozy and back home

    And yet another update.... OK, I overdid things in a MAJOR way last Friday (12/7). A few friends were coming over that night, and I woke up feeling good so I started cleaning...and cleaning...and cleaning. I just kept going because I felt GOOD and nothing was hurting! Cleaned and was on my...
  14. Weezy

    Bilateral THR Weezy is woozy and back home

    Hi Merry! I think that the worst part about anterior THRs is the waiting to get it done! Even though I've hit a tiny rough patch (my own fault...I'll do a post about it soon), it's STILL easier than even one TKR. You'll love the pain relief--even the surgical pain is less than the hip...
  15. Weezy

    Bilateral THR Weezy is woozy and back home

    Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets tired, HippyShani! I'm usually in bed by 9 and while I try to avoid naps, some days I just can't. On the bright side, my energy seems to be oh-so-slowly returning but it just isn't fast enough to suit me! I'm doing a very small party Friday night, but...
Back
Top Bottom