Recent content by wanttoride

  1. wanttoride

    TKR My new knee

    It has, but I get flare ups if I over-do it.
  2. wanttoride

    Fusion Long ride to a successful Fusion

    Yes, Jo... He said the pain is most probably shin splints.
  3. wanttoride

    Fusion Long ride to a successful Fusion

    I saw the "new guy" that took Dr. Kelly's place... Dr. Goldberg. He was great! Let me ask questions, listened and spent over an hour with me. Bottom line, now that I have RA, my complicated situation is more complicated and complex... and at high risk for complications and a bad outcome for...
  4. wanttoride

    Fusion Long ride to a successful Fusion

    Hi Jo! Yes, it was a huge moment for me to not only only trust myself, bug the horse beneath me. You can only imagine my emotions as I sat in that saddle with my fusion leg sticking straight out! I will treasure that moment forever!!! Ive been having some trouble lately with the after effects...
  5. wanttoride

    TKR my leg is not going straight after TKR surgery

    I agree! Its waaaay too early to be forcing your knee/leg straight with a weight. The old saying "no pain... no gain" is exactly that. Old! Some pressure and some "pain" is normal, but pain above a "4" is too much at only 6 weeks out. I think Jo suggested at one point that I keep a daily...
  6. wanttoride

    TKR My new knee

    Wow!!! I just read the thread and now my mind is filled with "could I do this?"... My "savior", Dr. Kelly, is no longer in the state, so I am seeing a new surgeon on June 12th. Im discussing with him the status of my "good" knee, which is now medial bone-on-bone. Im worried that with the...
  7. wanttoride

    TKR my leg is not going straight after TKR surgery

    Wow! Did you have a problem with your foot turning out before the surgery? I didn't. I knew after waking up from anesthesia and looking at my foot that something was wrong. I questioned it constantly, but was told I had weak leg muscles. Ha! I rode horses every day and my legs were super...
  8. wanttoride

    TKR My new knee

    Hi! Did you end up having the fusion reversal? Last I remember, you were having a tissue expanded in hopes of getting a reversal...can you update?
  9. wanttoride

    TKR my leg is not going straight after TKR surgery

    Hi! This also happened to me. After my TKR, my foot turned out. When I pointed my toes straight up, it felt like my foot was pointing in. Painful PT, and months of pain. I had an UAM and was never told that while I was under, the surgeon could get my leg to zero degrees, but it would not...
  10. wanttoride

    Fusion Long ride to a successful Fusion

    Thank you!... and I "Got to Ride" 2 years ago!!! It was only for 10 minutes, but I DID IT.... With a kneefusion
  11. wanttoride

    Fusion Long ride to a successful Fusion

    Hi everyone! Well... Its been since 2012 since Ive been active. My story is a long one, which you can search on Bonesmart. Basically, after a botched left knee TKR which also left me with RSD/CRPS, I had several surgeries to correct and free me from dependence on pain killers and to attempt a...
  12. wanttoride

    Fusion Long ride to a successful Fusion

    Hi everyone!....I'm sorry it's been so long since I posted. Things are going pretty good. I obtained complete fusion in September....yay! My RSD has started to bother me again since the cold weather is now here. I decided it was easier getting around without the lift in my shoe. For some...
  13. wanttoride

    Fusion Long ride to a successful Fusion

    Hi everybody! Andrew....I think of you often and want sooo much for this to work out for you. I keep hoping when I check in that you are going to have a date for the reversal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is soon! Sonja....yup! You've been there from the beginning for me! THANK...
Back
Top Bottom