Recent content by Wanderer123#

  1. W

    TKR R TKR May 6

    Thanks!
  2. W

    TKR R TKR May 6

    Hi. I have a 7 month post op update. My knee is ok, some swelling if it is a long day of not elevating, some tightness. I am still doing the PT exercises to keep it flexible. I had both ovaries and fallopian tubes removed via a laparoscopic surgery a couple of weeks ago; I had gone to the ER...
  3. W

    TKR R TKR May 6

    Thanks for your inspiring words. I think when tired, I tend to loose focus. I am super blessed to have Bonesmart.
  4. W

    TKR R TKR May 6

    Your responses are very encouraging. I guess I am inpatient to have the swelling gone, and the back stuff healed. It kind of creeps me out, not knowing when the back spasms will start. I had said to both the knee surgeon and the back doctor "I just want my life back." We had done four years of...
  5. W

    TKR R TKR May 6

    Hi all. Well the spine steroid injection lasted for three glorious days, and then drifted off. My lower back is basically back to where it was before the injection. I have a second one scheduled in a couple weeks, using a different steroid and additional spots on my lower back. Oh well. At four...
  6. W

    TKR R TKR May 6

    Howdy. Thanks so much for your prayers. Today my back feels better than it has in years. No pain med, other than Tylenol for TKR ache. Yeah!!
  7. W

    TKR R TKR May 6

    Hi. Well I had the steroid spine injection about two hours ago. Super easy, super fast. The only pain was when the doc shot in the lidocaine first. So comfy was the face down cushiony table. Hopefully it will help with my lower back pain. I was given no antibiotics, but that sure sounds like a...
  8. W

    TKR R TKR May 6

    Hi. I realize this is last minute. I am scheduled for a steroid injection into the lower spine tomorrow. I'm wondering if anyone had this scheduled shortly after having their TKR? Thinking about the possibility of the steroid slowing down the TKR healing, or acquiring an infection from the...
  9. W

    TKR R TKR May 6

    Thanks Layla. I finished the outpatient PT this past Friday, so I will continue with the printed out exercises they gave me. My back acted up as a result of the exercise bike at that last PT session, and fortunately I was able to move my initial pain management doctor appointment for my back to...
  10. W

    TKR R TKR May 6

    Ok. Good to know. That explains it so well. Well I'm doing good. Thanks so much for being here, like friends encouraging. Seriously this has been a good day. My husband ran errands, and brought back popcorn from a co-op, so good. I did a bunch of stretches, 6 laps around the house, took my meds...
  11. W

    TKR R TKR May 6

    Howdy. Ten days after my last post, so I figured to give an update. I had a ortho doc check a couple of days ago. She is now happy with the flexion of 116. I requested additional PT, because I can do most of the exercises at home, but I get a better workout at the outpatient PT, as they have...
  12. W

    TKR R TKR May 6

    Howdy. After my PT yesterday, I thought I would give an update. My flexion has reached 114, so that is good. A goal is to be able to use my electric recumbent tricycle, so I think I am getting close. I use the nustep at the PT sessions, so that helps reach my goal. I still have a bunch of...
  13. W

    TKR R TKR May 6

    Thanks. I appreciate your encouragement.
  14. W

    TKR R TKR May 6

    Hi. I checked with the PT today, and she checked the kneecap, and it is moving as it should. My ROM is still measuring at 105 today. The PT went over how I should be gently massaging the suture line. I have to be very mindful when I'm walking, Heel toe, heel toe, to stop limping. It is working...
  15. W

    TKR R TKR May 6

    Thanks. I'll check with the PT today.
Back
Top Bottom