Recent content by Wags

  1. Wags

    PKR RPKR done November 28th<

    @Jockette Have to admit I haven’t tackled this one as cannot imagine trying to get up off the floor either !
  2. Wags

    PKR RPKR done November 28th<

    @Josephine Hi I’m allergic to Tramadol but I’m sure there is something else I can take along these lines, will check with GP, thank you. Thank you for your advice, I will respond to your points as soon as I can but I do have a question about icing, I have bags of peas and was told to wrap...
  3. Wags

    PKR RPKR done November 28th<

    @Josephine in answer to your questions 1. About 7, it’s uncomfortable and some burning pain 2. Codeine phosphate 30mg - one or two tablets up to four times a day, was suggested I take one tablet with two paracetamol and then if I needed any mor I could take another codeine Paracetamol...
  4. Wags

    PKR RPKR done November 28th<

    @Josephine Yes please ask away
  5. Wags

    PKR RPKR done November 28th<

    So I came home yesterday around lunchtime. Had a very teary day, was given codeine and paracetamol to come home with and was worried it would be enough to deal with pain,seeings as I’d had stronger meds in hospital, but, so far so good. I’m feeling quite frustrated because getting about is...
  6. Wags

    PKR RPKR done November 28th<

    Well I’m out the other side! Nearly had a meltdown and told hubby I wanted to go home, had tears in the theatre waiting for spinal block, last time I had one having c section I didn’t have a good experience but this has been good so far. Was attached to a heater just before I went down to...
  7. Wags

    Bilateral PKR scheduled for 3 October

    @SusieShoes I did get a phone call from the hospital this morning :scaredycat:panicked but when I answered it it was the admission nurse asking me to go in at 1pm instead of 1:30pm.....1/2hr less to wait I guess :happydance:
  8. Wags

    Bilateral PKR scheduled for 3 October

    Thanks @NickUK
  9. Wags

    Bilateral PKR scheduled for 3 October

    2 days to go....no postponement this time!
  10. Wags

    Bilateral PKR scheduled for 3 October

    Physio appt at the hospital this morning went well and was very positive. PT said I will be using a walker in the hospital on the first day, maybe 2nd morning. She suggested I bring in the crutches and my stick and said that she would think I would probably be using one or the other, she did...
  11. Wags

    Bilateral PKR scheduled for 3 October

    @SusieShoes This appt is pre op physio at Hospital, and I guess to cover the Hospital stay and early days, my physio after my op will be done privately, with a lady who helped me with my knee prior to surgery, know her well and know she won’t push me to do anything I can’t or don’t want to do
  12. Wags

    Bilateral PKR scheduled for 3 October

    When I went to my pre op on Monday the nurse who was giving me some odd advice also gave me the number for physio and told me to give them a call and have a chat over the phone with them, I called this morning And explained I was told to have a chat over the phone with them about things and she...
  13. Wags

    Bilateral PKR scheduled for 3 October

    @Jockette My Dad had tkrs on both knees a few years ago and has lent me a walker (no wheels though) crutches and a toilet seat riser so I already have those here, I also have one walking stick that I’ve had to use on occasions, don’t have two though. I already decided at the appointment that...
  14. Wags

    Bilateral PKR scheduled for 3 October

    @Celle I had a bad reaction to it in recovery after a previous op, was advised by Hospital Dr never to take it again. Don’t think I was sick but it had to be flushed through my system quickly and I was kept longer in recovery, don’t really remember as wasn’t really with it :what...
  15. Wags

    Bilateral PKR scheduled for 3 October

    I had my pre op earlier today, all ok apart from blood pressure a little low but that’s normal for me, this time got given four pre op drinks. Going in at 1pm on 28/11 for my patellofemoral pkr, the nurse told me I won’t be able to have any morphine based pain killers because I can’t take...
Back
Top Bottom