Recent content by volLady

  1. V

    TKR Released

    I've been rolling frozen water bottles over the sole of the foot especially the heel area. I do have a bone spur and arthritis in the foot and also flat footed. I think what has bought this on is me stretching my hamstrings and quad exercises and sometimes going bare footed in the house. At...
  2. V

    TKR Released

    Oh yes! I replaced all my shoes with both surgeries. I think my PF is flaring up and bone spur in heel. Went to a foot /ankle specialist a few yrs., ago and it showed on x-ray a bone spur, and some arthritis in foot. I learned a long time ago to get new shoes..... I think inflammation is caused...
  3. V

    TKR Released

    Hello everyone.... 12 wks now with my last knee replacement. Doing good at my age, still have some swelling, stiffness,and numbness, which is all normal for this surgery. I have a problem though that I wonder if anyone out there has had this problem to. Since my last surgery my legs are straight...
  4. V

    TKR Released

    oh I watch myself for sure! This isn't my first rodeo and I am blessed to have both done now. Also had a great surgeon to. I listen to my body now and at my age of 67,I finally know when to quit when my knee hates me...ha! Hugs to everyone out there that is going though this long journey but...
  5. V

    TKR Released

    Hello everyone! 10 wks yesterday of last TKR. Thought I would let everyone know that my healing is doing great without PT,still doing it on my own. Rom is now 118-0....I am walking real good but sometimes struggle a little with down hill slopes. I have been doing some gardening and mowed some...
  6. V

    TKR 9 Weeks Post LTKR

    I love my OOFOS! I have two pairs and I also bought some Hokas tennis shoes. They are very pricey but worth it. I also got some inserts to help with my gait since I am flat footed. The best inserts I have ever had PowerStep inserts.
  7. V

    TKR too soon for MUA?

    I totally agree with your surgeon. My last knee surgery 4-24-24 was a lot better than the first get go, which I had a MUA and it set me back for weeks, which I said I would not get another one again. Second surgery with right knee, had a bad experience with first day of PT,less than 24 hours...
  8. V

    TKR Released

    yes, I prefer the PowerStep inserts. You can buy them in a medical store or you can order them from Amazon,which I do. They were advised from my ankle/foot surgeon to get them because they are way better for the arch, gait,and planters of the feet. I am flat footed and I used them before my two...
  9. V

    TKR Released

    Hello warriors out there! Hope all is doing good. Today was my first day to do garden and flower beds. I walked though my garden which my hubby put out this spring and planted some flowers outside. I am walking better now and today I noticed not once did my knee feel like buckling sensation...
  10. V

    TKR Released

    amazon sells them...
  11. V

    TKR Released

    7 weeks tomorrow! hip ache is going away because I think the shoe inserts has helped a lot. PowerStep shoe inserts are wonderful! Incision is still a little sensitive to touch at times but I did get to wear my bluejeans today and it didn't bother it none. Driving more and walking longer...
  12. V

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    just be sure you don't over do it once you are alone at home. I have had both knees replacement and yes it is going to hurt like heck the first couple of weeks, but remember everyone is different and heals different. I just got released from my OS Thursday at 6 weeks because he knows what I can...
  13. V

    TKR Sudden pain and swelling

    you are still healing at 6 months. Maybe you have overdid it the day before or that day. Believe me you will have swelling, pains,aches and especially the clicking sound for months. My first TKR at 16 months ago still clicks at times but it doesn't hurt. OS said nothing to worry about unless...
  14. V

    TKR TKR Failed

    not really...... the implant could be defective but at 16 months your quad muscles, hamstrings,etc., should be fine
  15. V

    TKR too soon for MUA?

    that is not true at all for MUA's. The surgeon that did your surgery will most likely remove the scar tissue But if you are having a hard time bending -70 at least then you might have to have it done. A lot of scar tissue forms on the sides of the new implant and sometimes near the quad muscle...
Back
Top Bottom