5 days and counting for my knee revision. I'm wondering if anybody has used EMS in their recovery efforts? There are a lot of lessons learned from my TKR and I'm wanting to build my quid and calf up outside PT. I've heard EMS is good for that. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Vince...
@Josephine Thanks for the reply... please see below
1. 2 just sitting around or lying down. Walking on flat surfaces 3, going up and down stairs 7.
2. are you using pain medications now Not really. Every once in a while I'll take some Aleve.
3. icing Yes at these every other day for 15...
Hello All,
I'm going on my 3rd year with my knee replacement and I have to say that if I had to do it again I would have not had the surgery. A little history first. I had my replacement done at the age of 48. I had previously did a lot of damage to my knee playing sports, including waiting...
14 Month Update - I can't beleive its been 14 months already. My knee has progressed well, but I'm still experiencing stiffness and swelling on a daily basis. I had asked my Dr. about it and he indicated that the knee will always swell because its fighting the metal in the knee. That was the 1st...
usclgal1971 - I had the MUA procedure 2 months post TRK. I was only at 48 degree flexion even with PT. The Dr. broke the news to me that I needed an MUA and I was very nervous and scared that it wouldn't work. I went through it with no problem. The following day I went to PT and I was measured...
I wasn't told what my ROM numbers were during the MUA. I was at 45 degrees before the MUA and now I'm about 100 degrees, which I'm happy with right now. My pain is mostly in my quad where it's tight and inflamed. I've been icing it, doing gentle stretches, and elevating my knee. My PT has been...
Three days after my MUA procedure I was able to go around on a stationary bike for the 1st time. I actually rode the bike for 3 minutes before I was out of breath. Very happy to be able to bend my knee!!!!
Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
I'm back from my MUA and so far I can bend it and estimated 80 degrees. I didn't get to talk to the OS after the procedure to see what he achieved when I was out. Extension feels better as week. The only thing that is sore right now is my quad, which I figured would hurt. I will be doing some...
Let me rephrase that...I meant what gentle stretches would be recommended? Also my PA said that I should only put a pillow under my ankle when I elevate it. I truly believe this guys doesn't subscribe to the elevation mantra.
Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
One more day closer and am wondering after the MUA is complete what exercises and stretches should I focus on durning the weekend? I have a feeling that my quad, and calf are going to be very sore from the manipulation.
Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
Week 2 ........................................................ Week 4
Week 7
Scar is looking good and once the hair grows all the way back you won't be able to notice it.
My insurance denied my 1st CPM and chances are I won't get it after my MUA. I'll have to work a little more on stretching due to no CPM.
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
7 Weeks post RTKR, went to see my OS today and because my flexion is only at 45 degrees he scheduled me for an MUA on Sept. 27th. He tried to break the scar tissue while I was in the room but became to painful. So no choice but to get it done. Of course I'm nervous as hell and wondering how much...
My PT had this awesome ice pack that is a ring shaped ice pack. It covers 360 degrees of your knee. I order one from Amazon it's called the Torex. https://www.amazon.com/Torex-Professional-Sleeves-Reusable-arthritis-Satisfaction/dp/B00945W3OI/?tag=ate362da-20
I love the ice pack as most only...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.